Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats your favorite food?

Administrator Administrator

Whats your favorite food?

Or what you eating now! Or what do you fancy? Or what you having tonight...

I've just read over at Matrix nate was having a Chinese...now I'm hungry and want one too...trouble is I have no money and it's to late anyway. However at the moment I fancy...

Special Chow Mein or Special Chop Suey failing that a Special Curry. God I'm hungry...curse nate and his Chinese...

Arcane Candidate
    Num num num . . . It was good. It had to be late in England when I posted that.

It was late, and I was hungry.

Arcane Candidate
    Pizza, I can eat a load off it.

Mage’s Assistant
    The edible kind.

Bacon, Fried Egg, Mushrooms and grilled tomatoes and a nice cup of tea.

Interesting you should ask...

I've been trying to cut down on meat consumption. Maybe someday go completely veggie if I can stand it. I'm taking online classes to finish my bachelor's in Philosophy and one of the classes I just took was about animals and their role in human society. Of course the issue of eating animals was addressed in the class and I think I was the one who first brought it up. But I was reading some stuff in a book titled "Food For Thought: The Debate over Eating Meat" and I really can't argue with the fact that factory farming today, or even keeping animals for food..period..leads to a lot of pain and suffering on the part of our fellow beings in this world. Animals seem capable of suffering and feeling pain and it seems to me that I ought not to participate in a process which inflicts such pain and suffering on them.

It's a tough decision. I've been a meat eater and enjoyed meat all my life. But...wow! The things I have read about what happens to animals in the meat industry...very sobbering stuff. So I'm sort of trying to change my diet, with only marginal success, though. It's tough to change the way I have lived my life for the past 45 years.

I was a veggie (well i did eat fish) for about 5 years or so before I met the wife. She wouldn't have it so started eating meat again.

Mage’s Assistant
    I'm on a high-fat diet. Wouldn't resign from it as I don't feel healthy on carb-based diets. I don't have anything against animals, but I don't believe vegetarian diet is good for humans.

When it comes to food:
    My favourite would be eggs, especially yolks. I begin every day with three eggs. Usually in form of an omelette or scrambled eggs with sausage (a traditional one, not the one made half-out-of-water) and onion. Additional stuff like fried tomatoes is welcome.
    "And as the light embraces the wanderer,
    as knees bend as thought is obliterated,
    with the very moment that resistance has ceased,
    now, I am become death, the enemy of man."

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    I love junk food and sweets, but with this type of work I'm slowly starting to resign.
    No sugar in coffee, no Potato Chips, no chocolate, no sparkling drinks, I'm trying to stay around 1500 kcal per day now which is really hard, so I'm walking hungry for most of the day. (I'm a big guy - over 230 pounds and over six feets)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast