Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today I've been mostly doing...

Administrator Administrator
    I must I must start to get into solo boardgaming.

What would be fantastic even for me is if you feel like it you post in the board wargame section or boardgame section any of your favourite solo boardgames. Many want to know about solo boardgames including me and are always looking for info and reviews etc.

Mage’s Assistant
    I'm playing Armored Brigade with my Wonderland mod, drinking tea and listening to music. Just lost a battle. An infantry regiment with a cannon battery and three rotary gun sections vs two guards infantry battalions with a cannon battery and two rotary gun sections and a gunboat squadron and an air hussar troop.
    Everything was going well for 8 minutes then my troops kinda broke and started running away. In 20 minutes 304 of my soldiers died and 1481 ran away. Meanwhile 116 enemy soldiers got killed and all the gunboats got destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonRimmer View Post
    I must I must start to get into solo boardgaming.

What would be fantastic even for me is if you feel like it you post in the board wargame section or boardgame section any of your favourite solo boardgames. Many want to know about solo boardgames including me and are always looking for info and reviews etc.
    Will do.
    "And as the light embraces the wanderer,
    as knees bend as thought is obliterated,
    with the very moment that resistance has ceased,
    now, I am become death, the enemy of man."

Took the kids (and one of my son's friends) bowling today. It was actually quite fun.

@Mr CHickenboy, I'm rubbish at bowling. I went once and got dragged\Skidded half way up the isle by the ball that was stuck in my fingers.

@Peturabo, I still haven't gotten around to that game. What would be superb and if you do them would be an AAR in the War Stories section. I imagine that would inspire people to try it out. Must have pics though (yes i'm being cheeky but honestly I really want to read an AAR of AB)

Mage’s Assistant
    Posted a link to an AAR.

Played a day of Eindekker solo boardgame and Gunship on PC.

Thankyou kindly. Blimey gunship. Last time I played that was on an AmstradCPC 464 wire frame graphic on a green screen monitor! Loved it.

As I mentioned any solo boardgames post about them I'm very interested indeed.

Thanks for the AAR link aswell!
    "And as the light embraces the wanderer,
    as knees bend as thought is obliterated,
    with the very moment that resistance has ceased,
    now, I am become death, the enemy of man."

Arcane Candidate

Church and WitpAE

Quote Originally Posted by Perturabo View Post
    Played Great War Salvo!. Sunk Bellerophon with Kaiser without being damaged a single time. The AI had some very bad luck at rolling.
    These solitaire wargames are great for taking a break from computer.
    Cooking a supper.
    Went to Church today....came home and played Roger(WitpAE-Jap) in our pbem game, and three of my carrier's went to the bottom. I hardly scratched him. I hate that game sometimes....Like today.

I owned blimey the name slipped my mind i think the abbreviations was UV anyway the first game in the series before it became WitP. I never played it enough though if I remember rightly. The Pacific is a theatre that never really interested me and I think is closer to the American heart than the British.

I will say if I had an interest in the Pacific I could imagine that WitP would eat all my time away.

Edit to say well it's 03.46am and I have to be up to get my daughter ready for school, so tis off to bed. Nighty night and behave!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12