Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woohoo!!

Administrator Administrator

Woohoo!!

Five of us on all at once, at the same time. Time for me do a dance..............

bugger put me back out...sorry..sorry I know I know not good..not good at all. I promise never to dance like that again!

Abecedarian Mage
    I have NEVER seen a perfect forum, it is a brutal challenge indeed. I only hope this stays about the people actually here, and not the size of the member list or the numbers of the people that were only here long enough to inflate the membership sum. And credibility is the name of that game. The management needs to say it is about the friendships, and to do what any proper host would do to any trouble maker, give them the boot. And yes, even if it is your old buddy causing the problem. I've seen enough freeforall forums out there. They're bad ideas.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

The membership size is secondary. What I want is a place for a good bunch of friends who know each others eccentricities can get together and relax and chew the fat. I'm more than happy with the way things have gone today. It's been a good day here.
    At the moment yes those posting do hang out together over at The Matrix but this group is the most accepting group of forum members I've come across. They accept me after all the issues in other places which speaks volumes. Many have jumped the bandwagon and gone where they think the strongest group is. This bunch though are unique and I have no worries that any new face will immediately feel at home aslong as they realise that nearly everything is taken in a light hearted way. Syaing that there is no inner circle. The forum is an inner circle including all it's members from the newest to the oldest.

If or should I say when any issues arise the first thing I will do is mediate between them and no bias will come into play. If someone has been out of order they will be told. I will also get both parties together in a private forum to talk it through. At the end of that hopefully it should be all sorted. If not then a ban will follow.

How does that sound? Abit different to most forums out there I expect.

Edit@ Just to say again, this place is about friendship. I wont tolerate anything that detracts from that. As I said first thing will be to mediate, like friends would do. No humiliation, no stocks just a private forum to work things out and a chance to settle matters. After that if it happens again then instant ban. no announcement or anything. Ban maybe life or just temp depending on severity. The only insta ban with no warnings is Spam. The only warnings and mediation are if someone is actually upset or verbally attacked etc. If someone does something that doesn't hurt anyone else I'm not bothered. i.e you can post as a man and have another avatar as a women. That really is no concern of mine as it's not hurting anyone else. Blimey some men are women at times, some women are trapped in a mans body. Honestly the only thing I'm concerned about is if someone is upsetting other people..If you for instance felt upset because someone had been sexist I'd get you both together in a private forum to sort it out and for them to apologise.

Abecedarian Mage
    The measure of a person is when they can admit they made an error and admit it was an error and seek to remedy the error with a simple apology.

Personally if two persons accidentally bumped heads, and staff asked them to iron it out, if one or both even failed to do so, and proved they were still around (from posts being visible), the correct course of action is immediate removal from the forum. When I say removal, I don't mean a sit in the corner either. Gone account deleted bannished.

I'm 50 years old, I don't need kid gloves. I don't want to watch staff waste time on the matter either. Be decisive, and be a source of respect.
    My mother never scolded me twice, the second response was physical.

I've seen that malarky rip apart forums. Your Matrix Games forums for instance, it hasn't been any good since 2003.

Well I will mediate in a private forum, sometimes it takes an outside party to step in and mediate or calm the situation down as even the most level headed can end up winding each other up even more, especially on the net when we have no tone of voice or body language to go on. I have the time to do it and I see it as part of my role. I've been on the end of insta bans myself without a chance to explain and then be ripped apart on the forum afterwards. Not a good thing at all. Believe me I will ban if I need to but it is a last resort and only if it carries on after it was supposed to be sorted. Also as I said depending on the severity will depend on how long the ban is. Life time ban is harsh and people change or calm down later. Most people deserve a second chance. A problem I have with other forums is that your banned for life for what can be seen as pretty minor issues. Thats wrong and way to heavy handed.

I'm not going to rule with an iron rod. Thats for other forums. Everyone will be treated the same. However I also wont allow this forum to be "ripped apart" by any individual or group of individuals. If the forum was going that way then obviously life bans will be issued as it really must be nasty stuff going on. However as I said I not going to be like some overarching dictator who an wield the rod whenever as what happens then is similar to what happens in other forums. the management make mods out of mates who may not be the bes sort of person, then the strict enforcement rules are abused by mods etc. Not my style.

Anyway so far so good. I very much doubt this forum will go that way as I can't see it ever getting that busy. Most likely just a few close forum friends chatting about rubbish.

One thing I'm going to try and avoid though is having mods. Not for the forseeable future anyway.

Edit to say Joan I think we may have spoken before, sure recognise your posting style. Maybe over at the Matrix or somewhere.

Abecedarian Mage
    No, I just read a lot, and shake my head a lot.

No matter how old some boys get, they never stop being brats it seems.

To be honest, half of my willingness to join here, was I recognized the forum layout. It's the same as a site I like that discusses clothing.

Mage’s Assistant
    Joah d'Arc, I tend to stick with things a Loooooooooong time.

Joined, and still with:
    Matrix May 2000
    Audible.com March 1998
    Netflix.com 1999

So I will outlast everyone...except SLAAKMAN, since Satan will be around for a while.

Joan Slaak is a man with a rep, but it's all in good humour..some people just don't know how to get along with him

Mage’s Assistant
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonRimmer View Post
    Joan Slaak is a man with a rep, but it's all in good humour..some people just don't know how to get along with him
    It amazes me how much venom some throw toward SLAAKMAN. Sure he can be abrasive and offensive. But we are all adults and should be able to handle anything. If you do not like someone, ignore them.

SLAAKER is unique and I like reading his posts. At least as much as a normal person can enjoy watching an anti-social, maniacal sociopath.

Abecedarian Mage
    I've seen him on forums, bit of an oddball, I've seen a lot of people a lot nastier looking though. If his objective is to be mean, he's doing it wrong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast