Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your latest purchase?

What's your latest purchase?

Downloaded Mount and Blade Napoleonic last night to give it a go when I drag myself out of bed this morning but main game this week will be getting to grips with Conflict of Heroes.

Mage’s Assistant
    Heavy Gear 2 - a CD from a gaming magazine bought on an auction site 2 months ago. Sadly, it stopped working after some time and I don't know how to get it to run.
    Last edited by Perturabo; 05-21-2012 at 01:10 PM.
    "And as the light embraces the wanderer,
    as knees bend as thought is obliterated,
    with the very moment that resistance has ceased,
    now, I am become death, the enemy of man."

Abecedarian Mage
    This really nice skirt, it's basic black but has a nice trim section along the bottom that is chocolate brown about 4 inches high from the hem, its mid calf on me. centre back zipper and adjustable waist band.

What do you mean it's not relevant? Oh alright, I got it because I let him get a resin conversion kit from Gaso.line. It's not my fault it isn't a wargame. You can't buy a wargame every week you know. And besides, I don't need to buy them at all, I just play his when I want something done around the house. You boys are so easy.

Lucky me, I found the item on their site.
    http://www.rickis.com/by-category/sk...55ED55502.html
    Yeah I know, no one is going to look.
    Last edited by Joan d'Arc; 05-21-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Mage’s Assistant
    Latest Matrix purchase is CoH--love it.

Beta testing Decisive Campaigns Case Blue--having fun.

Administrator Administrator
    Mrs D'Arc post away! Would be great if more females joined up. I think alot when online keep there gender secret. Can't blame them to be honest. However saying that I haven't see anything untoward or what could be considered harassment.

My last PC game purchase wasn't for me but for my daughter. My last wargame purchase was Tigers Unleashed, bought i twice, very disappointed at first so got a refund, then regretted it and asked mum to buy it me for Xmas. Since then beta test the game trying to get it to fullfill it's potential.

My last actual purchase of anything other than food or tobacco was a new graphics card last week. An 3DClub (cheap) ATI 6850 for £93 incl vat and delivery! It's alot quieter than my old 4870 1gig) and runs alot cooler, haven't really tested it on anything yet though I did fire up DCS A10 and crash a few times just to see the graphics, looked great, but boy I find those sims so dry.

As for CoH one day I'm sure to buy, but with the recent snippit of news for Lock n Load and a promised weekly screenshot I'm going to wait on that as thats the one I really want. I prefer the look, it has leader counters and just looks more boardgame like than the CoH game. If you want to see the news it's in the PC Wargame section, though I apologise for the screenshot abit blurry, for some reason I can't upload any pic above 170 bytes without it erroring out

edit: Pound signs aren't working on forum..must look into it!

Abecedarian Mage
    I don't actually own any wargames, they're all his technically.

They sure don't market to women much, come to think of it, they don't market to me at all.

And yes, females online, I am told I am a myth
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Mage’s Assistant
    When I started using the internets, I got into IE modding communities (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and similar stuff) and we had lots of females there. I have always found the near complete absence of girls/women in wargaming communities kinda weird.
    Anyway, how would marketing wargames to women look?

My latest non-gaming non-food purchase was a Polish military manual for a Helicopter Airborne Assault Infantry Battalion from 1971 (a translation of a Russian manual from 1969). Apparently these battalions were intended mainly to capture and hold territory hit by atomic bombs O_o . I got it for 6PLN in a street shop with used books. I got lucky that day.

Administrator Administrator
    Can you imagine how hostile that environment would have been!!

Quote Originally Posted by Perturabo View Post
    When I started using the internets, I got into IE modding communities (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and similar stuff) and we had lots of females there. I have always found the near complete absence of girls/women in wargaming communities kinda weird.
    Anyway, how would marketing wargames to women look?

My latest non-gaming non-food purchase was a Polish military manual for a Helicopter Airborne Assault Infantry Battalion from 1971 (a translation of a Russian manual from 1969). Apparently these battalions were intended mainly to capture and hold territory hit by atomic bombs O_o . I got it for 6PLN in a street shop with used books. I got lucky that day.

Mage’s Assistant
    Yeah, it's kinda creepy. Reminds me of some nuclear exercises movie where cavalry was running (relatively) near a nuclear explosion. Also, any operation would include a risk of ending up on a receiving end of a nuclear strike. Another type of task would be destroying enemy mobile nuclear missiles.
    I think it would be a great material for a computer wargame.
    It had soldiers running out from these helicopters on the cover.
    Actually, I could try to make a board game based on it.

Mage’s Assistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan d'Arc View Post
    I don't actually own any wargames, they're all his technically.

They sure don't market to women much, come to think of it, they don't market to me at all.

And yes, females online, I am told I am a myth
    Just how would a game about mass destruction be marketed to women. My 23 year old daughter just became engaged. Some of the reasons Kevin proposed to Elise were: she likes the Three Stooges, loves football(AMERICAN), loves playing Squad Leader, SPWAW and Panzer Corps. Of course my sons and I brainwashed Elise from the moment my wife found out she was with child(my wife that is). Oh, what should be done to attract more women?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast