Thread: What era?

What era?

What era or war would you like to wargame but there isn't much out there? I've been trying to find a good English Civil War game but I guess there just isn't the market compared to the ACW. If anyone has heard of one I'd like to know.

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    There was an old game called Kingmaker, I was playing it on Amiga almost 20 years ago.
    http://www.mobygames.com/game/kingmaker

( I assume we are talking about this civil war )

Love Kingmaker, I just mentioned the board game in another thread. Although technically it was a civil war we usually refer to that conflict as the War of the Roses. The English Civil War usually means the conflict between the Royalists and the Parliamenterianists in the 1600s which resulted in the death of Charles I and the rule of Oliver Cromwell.

Administrator Administrator
    Recently I have an itch for a Roman Wargame that looks good and plays historically. I will see what the new AGEOD game will play out like. Also more games set during the Boer War and the other Wars the British faced during those times in Africa. War of the Roses and to be honest I can't think of many medieval wargames that would be interest. How about he Crimea? Or how about doing a making a fantasy wargame but make it like a wargame rather than Kings Bounty or something Dom3 comes close but needs a better combat engine.

I mention Kingmaker in the thread you mentioned Kingmaker!

Mage’s Assistant
    Late WWI on tactical level. France '40 on tactical level.
    "And as the light embraces the wanderer,
    as knees bend as thought is obliterated,
    with the very moment that resistance has ceased,
    now, I am become death, the enemy of man."

Administrator Administrator
    Late or early WW1 would work well at the tactical level. Infact trench raids etc happened all through the war and all would work well in a tactical level wargame.

Mage’s Assistant
    I know. I just want to see the tanks .
    "And as the light embraces the wanderer,
    as knees bend as thought is obliterated,
    with the very moment that resistance has ceased,
    now, I am become death, the enemy of man."

Neophyte Sorcerer
    I've seen an English Civil War scenario for TOAW 3,don't know how good it is tho,the only other ECW game I remember was way back in the old 8 bit computer days.

Arcane Candidate
    There is an English Civil war mod out for one of the Total war games. I believe Medieval 2 if I'm not mistaken. I have and it's not bad. At least it whets the whistle.