Thread: ...so now what?

Acolyte

...so now what?

Is this forum intended to run independent of Matrix or Slitherine?
    Are we going to have to read 3 forums in parallel to get some cohesive narrative or triple post everything?
    Which forum has primacy for W.I. games?
    I'd assume this one.

anyways I'm working on a new map mod for TOF, but playing Combat Command Matrix Edition while waiting for 1.02 patch.

Abecedarian Mage
    At the risk of talking too much, sounds like I am, why would a person need to make such a choice?

I can browse through 7 forums in under 15 minutes if all I am looking for is patches/updates alerts and news of new games.

I am here because of random chance (putting a link in a sig is always a good idea), and I was just being nice to someone who I have never seen post a nasty post elsewhere.

I for instance visit Matrix Games usually every morning, and it lasts for about 3 minutes at the most. Goes something like this no new games check, no new patches check, no one has learned to defeat spam check, same people still acting like they're special check, still no reason to become one of them check. OMG look at the time check.

But I have felt ok with running off at the mouth here. Almost feel like I need to be given a post count limit per day. I don't want to be mistaken for Jason's wife come here just to make his forum active
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Administrator Administrator
    Well The Wasteland games forums here have always been quite here and really Matrix forum is where most activity happens with regards to those games. Obviously there will still be Wasteland Section here as it's Doomtraders server space and software etc. However Doomtrader told me he doesn't expect and preferable treatment towards Wastelands Games which gives you an idea of how neutral the place is.

So I'd say post about Wasteland games where ever you want but as I said Doomtrader told me it's really the Matrix forums where he deals with things about his games.

What happened was out of the the generosity of his heart Doomtrader handed the forum over to me to do with as I want as it long as it was legal.

This is more a place that isn't run by a business like Matrix or Wargamer so more things can be discussed without causing any issues along the way.You can freely talk about all kinds of games from PC to Board, or debate the great questions of the world, or just post a youtube vid of a cute dog. The choice is yours. Finally it's more about mates hanging out than anything else really.

Anyway welcome and feel free to join in. There are a few forums to peruse though one should onyl be entered in good humour and not a place for short tempers or thin skins, thats The Great Debate.

Edit: Just seen your join date. I expect you post about ToF over at the Matrix if so just carry on as before. I posted over in the ToF forum at The Matrix just to say that this forum has changed abit and is now really a meeting place, It hasn't been rebooted to bring back people to the Wasteland part or anything like that. Doomtrader is happy to use the Matrix forum same as before.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent S View Post
    Is this forum intended to run independent of Matrix or Slitherine?
    Are we going to have to read 3 forums in parallel to get some cohesive narrative or triple post everything?
    Which forum has primacy for W.I. games?
    I'd assume this one.

anyways I'm working on a new map mod for TOF, but playing Combat Command Matrix Edition while waiting for 1.02 patch.

Oh god Joan please don't let that happen, it will be all around certain forums I'm posting as a female again (long story) on my own forum!

Abecedarian Mage
    Oh I am betting that would make a fun gab session.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Acolyte
    Im not trying to cause grief or start a flame war.
    Im having a hard enough time trying to decide to dump FB and twitter, let alone deciding which board to consolidate towards.
    I actually like the idea of a matrix/ slitherine independent forum, and as benevolent as Leszek is, even this site is not truly independent.
    I spend around 30-45mins a day on Matrix, (mosty lurking) and read AAR's of the games I have.
    But will check in here, if only to see if this site does develop a different take on things, although I assume, that all the folks here are already at matrix.
    regards
    a

Mp worries Agent S. As I said for Wasteland games I'd stick with Matrix. Leszek has said he doesn't want preferential treatment and for us just to have fun. He has to have server running and a forum anyway. Me taking it off his hands takes the clearing Spam off etc etc duties away from him. As long as nothing illegal is posted he is fine. It's all in my hands. I have no affiliation to Slitherine or Matrix. I see this as part of my Tactical Wargame FB page aswell so what goes there can go here.

This site I can assure you is truly independent and I expect Leszek will also chime in to verify that.