Thread: HelloHello,Hello

Arcane Candidate

HelloHello,Hello

Sorry I was reading a Parruski post about his daughter liking the three stooges.

Well here goes.I'm a longtime grognard, been playing wargames since 1966-67 or so. Or more to the point what we had for wargames then. I hit my glory years in the 70s with SPI and Avalon Hill etc..

I married and then had kids and no more room for my games. So I turned them all in for computer wargames in 1988 or so. Of course once I had enough room I bought all the games again and then some.

I am also a bit of a computer geek and of course a history nut nonpareil. I have stacks and stacks of books from library sales not too many new ones. I modded my Nook color ( soft modded so it is still a Nook if you want it to be )so that now I can buy books from any seller when they are on sale.

The only thing I do not like with wargaming is playing a real human opponent. A lot of people are " rule nuts " and have read the rules until they can recite them in their sleep. All the while looking for loopholes.

If it is a computer or boardgame I will not make move etc. that is ahistorical or a flight of fancy. I once had an opponent take Moscow with a antiaircraft battery. Come on, 1000 soldiers and a few 88s. End of game.

So hello to all.

I forgot the most important four kids and one wonderful wife of almost thirty years. I almost forgot one dog an old English bull dog. She doesn't look like a Bulldog. It is a cross of a Boxer and a Mastiff.
    Last edited by sulla05; 05-22-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Administrator Administrator
    Hello Sulla. Welcome to the hive mind of rumour and chat. Your amongst friends. We have different opinions but thats cool and we are cool with it. So without further ado welcome and enjoy your stay.

Mage’s Assistant
    sulla05, my daughter is spoken for. How did I get cloned and not know about it. You sound just like me.