Thread: More than you probably wanted to know about me...

HauRuck

Smile More than you probably wanted to know about me...

Error in post...
    Last edited by HauRuck; 10-18-2012 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Error

Abecedarian Mage
    Hello Veldor, I recall you.

My other half talked about you a long time ago. You had some great ideas.

If you walk into some hobby stores, you will find board games are very much alive out there. 7 wonders a damn fun game. It's even more fun than Civilization for PC, but it too has a very good board game version at it as well seems more fun that the PC game. These games are not cheap, but the components, man are they ever flashy.

I agree with you, stop fretting over a PC Up Front, not worth your time. Have you ever talked with the Fantasy Flight people? They might like to hear your ideas.

Ever thought of doing a card game sort of Panzer Blitz? I don't think I have ever seen anything like that.
    Or do you recall ever seeing Dragon Dice? Now that would make a neat wargame, you could call it Tank dice or Combat Dice (I will let you have those two names for free ).
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Administrator Administrator
    Hello HauRuck,

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay! There is a post in the Boardgames\General games section you maybe interested in if you love UpFront, about a superb utility called Battlegrounds.

Hello HauRuck,

Interesting backstory. Thanks for sharing it.

My wife and I have gotten into the "Dominion" card game series with alacrity. We have several of the boxed sets. True-not a strictly military game-but it has its moments. It's a good "gateway drug" into some other (more military focused) family board or card games too.

Loved the original Civilization card game. Had great fun playing that with friends, trading "Plague" cards along with Papyrus or what not.

Cheers,

Chickenboy

Mage’s Assistant
    Ahh, VELDOR. I have been a Matrix member since 2000, and I do am aware of who you are. Interesting backstory and we are glad you are here.

HauRuck
    If I'm remembered its probably for the bad things lol. I'd begun lurking around Matrix since pretty much day one back in 2000 on the promise of a pacific war game and a WWII tacticle game. I didn't actually join up till 2002 and interestingly enough Matrix actually failed to produce both of those games for me. The WWII tactical game was canceled and the Pacific War Game morphed into an almost unplayable behemeth. While that was good for some...and I truly truly did love Uncommon Valor... really I've never had the time to dedicate to something so involved as WITP. Nice to see, as of 2012, that things have shaped up a bit at Matrix and they really seem to have a pretty good portfolio of games of all types and ranges...

Mage’s Assistant
    Yeah, I recall just the bad. WitP? Yeah, it sucks. HEHE.

I loved Uncommon Valor and loved it. Matrix has sold me more games than I would have ever imagined 12 years ago. Currently I own about 36 games from Matrix/partners. And that does not include extra content and expansions.

Mage’s Assistant
    I have WPO but I never got into it.
    "And as the light embraces the wanderer,
    as knees bend as thought is obliterated,
    with the very moment that resistance has ceased,
    now, I am become death, the enemy of man."