Thread: iPad wargames

Arcane Candidate

iPad wargames

What would you like to see?

Abecedarian Mage
    I would have once mentioned BA Panzer Corps is supposedly headed that way.
    Advanced Tactics has an Android version but it looks particularly light weight.

I suppose it needs to be a low counter density design. But then they did a few games for the Nintendo and that is definitely a screen challenge. There's actually no reason a great swath of wargames couldn't go to the tablet. If Slitherine could do it with a serious wargame like Commander Europe at War on a Nintendo device, than I think being unable to do just about any turn based counter pushing design on a tablet would be more of an indictment of the developers skill level than the limitation of the device it was on.

It's not just wargames, I can see soooo many games being possible on the things. Civilization was ok on the DS. I'd like some of the turn using RPG designs to end up there, and some of the turn based strategy fantasy wargames like Heroes of Might and Magic. And of course all my gem games very finger tapping good.

Those stupid gadgets are going to redefine gaming in some ways. I've seen the stick in the mud grogs blathering on about their need for big monitors. Nah, they just need that for a few of those monstrosities. Scrolling the screen isn't a tragedy really.

Not so much as a direct port to the devices, just a smaller sized portion of some of those games would be needed. But you grogs sure want everything and the moon some days. And then there is the dummy down demons. Saw him play a bit of Squad Battles last night. I think that might do well on a tablet. I think the only thing you can't realistically do on a tablet is a shooter. RTS might be a manual dexterity challenge.

I also would like it to be not just for the iPad I suppose. But Apple doesn't need to worry about so many flavours of their software at least even if they think it is worth too much.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Administrator Administrator
    I'm a moaning grog wanting a big screen

Also I can't afford an IPad, which is what I'd buy i I was going tog et one and if I had the money.

Abecedarian Mage
    Big screens are only limited by what you want to plug in. I just bought a spare HDMI cable so my TV can be my monitor if I feel like it.

iPads are ok at the tech level, but they are massively over priced. The competition has plenty of good products in competition for a nice price.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Arcane Candidate
    Alexander is the second game in the Ancient Battle series, with Owen very much enjoying the first title that had you portraying the ancient Romans.