Thread: Paradox and Ageod split

Administrator Administrator

Paradox and Ageod split

Well they've split up. Very odd, something must have happened. it's also bad news I reckon for Nappy campaigns 2 which will be more like EU from now on. Good news is the Rome game will be out sooner, which is superb as it's the only AGE game I've been interested in.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthrea...Paradox-France

Adept Sorcerer
    I don't see where it made sense from either's standpoint. Paradox wants games churned out in a certain length of time so that they can charge a certain price point that has worked for them. Paradox does not want a bunch of their programmers tied up patching and patching (although they usually have to patch their games). They want the DLC to be churned out. They are like the prefab house sellers.

Ageod is like the lone carpenter with a guy who knows wiring that builds a house, it takes forever but it stands up for a really long time and they are proud of it.

This is not a good fit. I'm not criticizing Paradox, because they put out decent games. But, they are games people buy and then they buy the next set and then the next set. Ageod's games you buy and play forever... or at least I do.

Quote Originally Posted by H Gilmer View Post
    I don't see where it made sense from either's standpoint. Paradox wants games churned out in a certain length of time so that they can charge a certain price point that has worked for them. Paradox does not want a bunch of their programmers tied up patching and patching (although they usually have to patch their games). They want the DLC to be churned out. They are like the prefab house sellers.

Ageod is like the lone carpenter with a guy who knows wiring that builds a house, it takes forever but it stands up for a really long time and they are proud of it.

This is not a good fit. I'm not criticizing Paradox, because they put out decent games. But, they are games people buy and then they buy the next set and then the next set. Ageod's games you buy and play forever... or at least I do.
    That's a good point. Still, I hope it doesn't mean Ageod will disappear without the support of Paradox. They bring something unique to gaming.