Thread: Dragging Italy into the war

Acolyte

Dragging Italy into the war

I remember reading in a review about how Italy automatically joins the war once you declare war on France like it was historically. But in my games, Italy never joins at all unless I am very very lucky with diplomatic points and even then you can't get them to join by the time you assault into France. This also means there is no africa campaign at all. Is this intended? Or am I doing something wrong?

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    We will take a look at this, there is a randomness implemented in this event.

Acolyte
    Hmm, very strange I played about a dozen games now (My dozen games were rather short, though, because at the latest by end-'43 I get absolutely overrun by the Soviets. Maybe if I had the Bulgarians, Romanians, Hungarians and Italians helping me it would be a bit more doable but all on my own.. no way!) and NEVER did Italy join me when I took France. Could it have anything to do with the fact that I never successfully took Norway so the event chain gets broken? I also played one game with the Soviets (though only until the end of 41) against Germany and there Italy didn't join either.

So, in short in my dozen games I never got _any_ event regarding any country joining axis. What I also found strange: for one game I chose quick start and chose axis, but even when Italy joined the axis (note: only because I had influencing them, NOT because of any event) I didn't get control of them - intended?

I see there is small logic mistake in the files so the Italy will be auto dragged into the war only when played at hard difficulty level.
    We will post an update soon.

Acolyte
    OK great. I guess this is true for the other nations too then?
    And also regarding my other question: when I choose axis in quick start, shouldn't I then take control of the other axis nations, too when they join?

This regards only countries which are in the chosen alliance at the beginning of the game.
    Switching countries from human to AI during the game can cause some balance issues, so we decided not to officially support it. However this can be done by pressing F12 key.

We have just released update which should fix the issue.