Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where will the next great war be fought?

Administrator Administrator
    Yeah Nazi's from space...

Abecedarian Mage
    Uggghh part of that is full of faceplant, the other is just sad. Never thought Hollwood would go Godwin's law so much.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Mage’s Assistant
    The thought that they wasted all that design and special effects on a comedy makes me angry.

Also, it's not Hollywood. It's an indie movie that was made by the same guys who made this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R79JuYdG5KY
    "And as the light embraces the wanderer,
    as knees bend as thought is obliterated,
    with the very moment that resistance has ceased,
    now, I am become death, the enemy of man."

HauRuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Perturabo View Post
    The thought that they wasted all that design and special effects on a comedy makes me angry.

Also, it's not Hollywood. It's an indie movie that was made by the same guys who made this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R79JuYdG5KY
    Yes and fans donated more than a million euros to help with production costs.
    It's as un-Hollywood as it gets...

Mage’s Assistant
    That trailer looks like something SLAAKMAN would believe in.

Next war?? IRAN.

Who knows!! Everyone thought The Great War was the last BIG war. Look where that line of thought went...

Mage’s Assistant
    Quote Originally Posted by parusski View Post
    Who knows!! Everyone thought The Great War was the last BIG war. Look where that line of thought went...
    The thing was that there were no technological reasons for The Great War to be the last BIG war. And there were political reasons for it to not be one.

Mage’s Assistant
    True Perturabo. But the reasons for The Great War NOT to be the last were not at all obvious during that era. Events are never so obvious until viewed long after they occur. I think there will be another major war, and a devastating one at that. But I have no idea who the participants will be.

Mage’s Assistant
    Quote Originally Posted by parusski View Post
    True Perturabo. But the reasons for The Great War NOT to be the last were not at all obvious during that era. Events are never so obvious until viewed long after they occur. I think there will be another major war, and a devastating one at that. But I have no idea who the participants will be.
    Those who could observe already knew that there is going to be another World War when Germans weren't decidedly defeated by military means and the armistice created the "stab-in-the-back" legend.
    At that technological level, a war between major powers was a valid solution to the problems of that time. It could gain territory, resources, etc.
    At current technological level, the predicted result of war between major powers is more along the lines of "everybody dies".

Unless we're talking about something like war not being a result of political decision making but a complete accident.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12