Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Command Ops: Legend of the Blitzkrieg...

Abecedarian Mage
    Quote Originally Posted by parusski View Post
    Odd that I never bought Command Ops, maybe it is time I do so. Anyone wanna convince me to do it??
    All games need something to make them stand out to be better than the rest. Otherwise they get lost in the background noise.

The game's graphics won't wow you, they are topographical map looking and very utilitarian wargame symbology units.

I think the game's main selling point is it has no turns for the I hate turns crowd, and it has a tangible credible enforcement of command control pleasing the turn liking crowd that percieves anything without turns to be too arcade feeling. It's only failing is possibly wargaming has been beating to death the Battle of the Bulge for some time, and Market Garden is not really unique either. CotA might be a better choice to stick your toes in if you want to at least see something fresher. I'm thinking their upcoming France 1940 setting will be nice for a change as well.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Mage’s Assistant
    Thanks Joan. I like great graphics, where they are appropriate(Civilization v), but in my wargames I am not so particular. I guess I will go ahead and get the game, since I own almost every game from Matrix anyway.

Abecedarian Mage
    I have heard some complain that the game seems to lack involvement or that once you give commands you end up just sitting there watching. Wargamers are funny complainers though. Isn't that the whole point of command? You give orders and then watch them carried out. I've never seen the appeal of pointless frantic activity that simulates nothing in any useful fashion the idea of military chain of command. The Panther Games people at least make you acknowledge logical command.

That has to be worth something.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Arcane Candidate
    I hope that work is really going under the hood, as non could be seen on the outside.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234