Thread: No cursor

Arcane Candidate

No cursor

When I start the game, there is no cursor visible. Whiwh makes it virtually impossible to fill in the serial code.

Any help is appreciated.

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    Does the game runs in full screen or windowed mode for you?

Arcane Candidate
    Full screen.

Is there an option to run it in windowed mode?

yes, but after entering the serial number.
    There is a workaround however.

Please go to My Documents/My Games/Strategic War in Europe and open Settings.ini file.
    Then please find section [Main], set Fullscreen to false and set the ResolutionX and ResolutionY to values smaller than your native screen resolution.
    Then run the game.

Arcane Candidate
    I had actually already tried that. But the program didn't seem to "obey". It just started the game in full screen, regardless.

I have however somwehat solved the problem. With a lot of patience and blindly pointing and clicking I have managed to introduce the serial code. After that and with using the same slow process I was able to set the preferences to windowed from within the game.

I now have my cursor back and can play the game. I would prefer to run it in full screen (with no taskbar at the bottom), but it's better than nothing.

Arcane Candidate
    However ... now I got a different problem.

When I ran the game in windowed mode it didn't fit the screen (on the right a large part of my desktop was showing). So I changed the resolution to something higher (1280 x 1024). But now the game has become too big: large parts on all sides are invisbile. I would experiment further with the resolution, but I can't: the button I need to click to apply the new settings is also invisible (I assume it is near the bottom of the screen. Is this correct?).

I tried changing my PC's resolution (normally 1920x1080) to different setting , but no luck: large parts of the game screen remain invisible.

So i'm pretty much stuck.

I think al these problems are related. I just need to run the game in full screen mode but WITH a cursor visible, is my guess. But I have no idea how to do that. There must also probably be a clue in the fact that changes in the settings.ini aren't actually applied when I start the game.

Can you send me your settings.ini file to doomtrader[at]wastelands-interactive.com.