Thread: OP Star dl advice

Abecedarian Mage

OP Star dl advice

Sooo I took the plunge, 20 bucks is nothing I suppose.

Some advice though. Looks like it would be better to dl the main game, install it and all that stuff and only then dl the two dlc files as they come in faster and seem to want to auto unzip for me before the game is actually here. Might just be my resident software though.

But I found it wise to read the read me file accompanying the dlc files before fiddling with the dl.

Game itself, well the demo told me only one thing. Game looks to be nice, but forget intuitive, it's a read the manual game. I was unable to understand the demo much at all. Made my choice to buy it on gut instinct and the fact I can't seem to find any negative commentary out there. Games that suck usually have negativity painted all over the wargaming world.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Abecedarian Mage
    A groan and a sigh. I would have liked such a massive download and a release that looks like a compilation to have at least had any known patches updates inserted in as well. It took me a bit of effort to figure out what I needed and to then go find it. Not to mention another hour downloading was not thrilling. Been downloading all evening for this purchase.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Administrator Administrator
    Yeah separate downloads I'm afraid. Make sure you get the feb patch and the may patch. I installed the feb patch first then the two DLC's then the May patch and it worked OK. I tried with out doing the Feb patch first and had problems.

Damn convoluted pach install system aswell, but worth it. You have to first install the update then using the update manager direct it to the core folder of said update and the desc file, it will then install. Do that for each thing as mentioned above then save and play.