Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Balance problem?

Apprentice

Balance problem?

I've been playing the game every night last week and love it. However i've stopped playing it for now because, as Germany, i can't see how i can win. Imho, the Soviets AI (not the human player who has other units when starting with the Soviets, correct?) has already in 1939 way too many tank units (and too strong). In 1942, there's no way i can stop them and i even tried to attack them after the end of the conquest of Poland already at the end of 1939. On the other hand, i noticed this already in time of wrath, France is way too weak. I also tried to put hard on the Soviets and very easy on France but it's still very unbalanced imho.

Some basic suggestions which should be considered:

- Replace various Soviets tank armies by infantery armies (or else but not tanks).
    - Add 1-2 tank armies and 2-3 infantery armies to France.
    - Belgium and Holland could have 1-2 more units as well.

Someone has a different experience?

Thanks

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    We need a little bit more feedback concerning this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by doomtrader View Post
    We need a little bit more feedback concerning this.
    You mean from other players?

Have you been able to win on normal playing Germany?

Thanks

Yes, I meant from other players.

Twice.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by doomtrader View Post
    Yes, I meant from other players.

Twice.
    Maybe i am just bad...will try again. However, I am still convinced that France and the low countries are too weak.

I hope that other players will also share their experience.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Anguille; 06-23-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Acolyte
    I was also able to win after a few failed attempts. It's not easy but I think that's how it should be.
    The thing is that apart from the Soviets if you play against AI it is too easy to hold out against anyone else. France/Low Countries/Norway/Denmark/Yugoslavia/Greece are a steamroll obviously. You can take out the Britihs with a Sealion after France falls, it is super-easy, too (mainly because you can just leave the Kriegsmarine + Transports in the Channel, the British don't seem to care...). Now apart from Canada and USA, the Soviets are your only enemy. You may get pushed back after your initial attack, but I am pretty sure you are able to outproduce the Soviets after you took all your other enemies. And once you took out the Soviets any Allied invasion will fail that's for sure.

So, I think the other countries, especially Britain should be made a bit stronger. I wouldn't make the Soviets a LOT weaker, but maybe a few less tank armies wouldn't be such a bad idea

Apprentice
    Thanks for your feedback...

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    So, I think the other countries, especially Britain should be made a bit stronger. I wouldn't make the Soviets a LOT weaker, but maybe a few less tank armies wouldn't be such a bad idea
    That's how i see it...

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower
    I was discouraged to see all the tank armies too. I was never able to produce one with my Germans, although I had some nice Panzer Korps. The USSR suddenly had tank armies everywhere.

When I played the Soviets I certainly could not build them for myself.

Chuck

Abecedarian Mage
    Does the game operate like so many out there ie the AI player can buy things cheaper than the human? Would that explain how the Soviets can generate forces a human can't seem to muster?
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Every country pays the same price for everything.
    However we have allowed to change difficulty setting for each country undependable, so everyone can customize the game to own preferences.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast