Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Balance problem?

Abecedarian Mage
    Hmm that then tends to make me ponder what the Soviets are doing so well then. But that could just be the game finally being smarter than the human.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Acolyte
    I was wondering about that as well. I can barely field 2-3 tank armies by 1942, the AI Soviets seem to field 6 or so and some even level 3, so they must have also invested in tech? Maybe it's just me playing bad and blaming the ai

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower
    I had to end my very first game due to USSR having too many tank formations. First thing to mention -- I am not any novice. I've played countless board and computer versions of WW2 GS.

Disappointing, because I had invested a lot of time. I played the game on average/normal settings. Mistake, lately learned.

IRL war, GErmany had immense success from June-to-October or so. Matching Napoleon's former feat, in that they were able to spy the spires in Moscow.

In my game, the Soviet counter-attack came with unbelievable ferocity. I counted over a dozen tank sprites. 2 of which completely annihilated poor under-valued Finnish forces and conquered that country in October 1941. These super-tanks blew away my veteran and experienced panzers. A truly strange sight to see.

Worse, they already had L-3. The PIC in the lower left corner revealed T-38s. Now, how on earth could USSR have all those tanks and also attain level 3 in October of 1941? If it is true that the AI can only buy units -- and not have that ridiculous "spawning" feature that some other lazy game-makers seem to like, well, and apparently, the USSR receives way too much income, and -- they get it way too early. Over-run factories (moved to Urals) are not taken into account?

I too am very much enjoying this great new addition to the WW2 GS genre, but I would like to see the DEFAULT game a little better balanced, same as the author of this thread.

And, next game I will give the GErmans more PP's, and the Russians less. See how that works. Then I will report back so others might benefit and, not incidentally, save themselves some time.

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower
    Speaking of game balance, boy O boy -- AI-Italy can sure field a mighty mean (Romanesque) military-machine. Mare Nostrum indeed.

First glance @ OOBs -- they have WAY too many submarines. Their Navy is (a-historically) uber-dominant in the Med. I will save further comments for another thread so that I can address ALL aspects of the Naval game.

Next, they seem to be able to build quite a huge Army. Sure, those units are not high-caliber, but they are strong enough to reach Alexandria and surround and pound-down that city by early Fall of 1941. And, easily conquer all of southern Yugoslavia. This is deserved credit to the generic-AI, which is all to the good.

[Note: if you are playing GErmany, and wish to maximize your income -- be sure to secure all those southern Yugo cities before the Italians do! ]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12