Thread: "Can I have my gun back and get moving along "

Abecedarian Mage

"Can I have my gun back and get moving along "

OWNAGE!!!!

Abecedarian Mage
    It's clearly possible to be a law abiding douche bag I suppose.

But I suppose it's legal to be a douche bag. He should just hope he never needs the help of anyone he's annoyed. It's also legal to just not give a damn about douche bags.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Abecedarian Mage
    Duchebag? Who are you referring to, the cop or the law student? Neither party was in violation. The cops didnt try to fabricate charges followed by arresting the man and the student wasnt in the wrong for carrying his gun in public. Had the cops detained him further and confiscated his gun then they wouldve been in violation of the law. I will remember this encounter verbatim if it ever happens to me too.

Abecedarian Mage
    Yes, but sometimes being in the right, and being a dick about it just makes a person a fate target. Because ole man fate hates being taunted.

Granted, I think the citizen was being more the dick, because being the police officer is often a thankless job. Picture his life AFTER he lets the man go, and then imagine the man accidentally shooting a kid while legally defending himself against another assailant in a scuffle 15 minutes later. The cop will likely be unfairly dealt with all because he let the guy go when if he had detained him, he'd have altered the stream of events. Picture the man departing with his gun, and then he has it taken from him after having one too many drinks celebrating his win over the cops, and the gun is used in a fatal shooting. That guy won't feel like a winner if the shooting victim is a kid that was just walking by at the time. All because the guy was being smug partying over his triumph over unfair police proceedures.

Life comes with no guarantees Slaak, sometimes you get what you wanted only to find out you got bit on the ass for it.

Good deeds don't always deliver good results. Good ideas don't always end up in good results.

Abecedarian Mage
    So youre saying that we should be harrassed by police when we carry our firearms in public? Police are required to follow the law as everyone else is. The 2nd Amendment was provided to us for very critical reasons and as the man stated, police are forbidden to detain someone solely for carrying guns in public. Since radical leftist groups are always conniving various covert methods to disarm the country and undermine our rights then police should be better prepared to defend the law more proactively. The latest Obama/Holder scandal with Fast & Furious is a case in point. They should be friendly to the idea of an armed population not suspicious. If people were better armed then drug addict bank robbers would think twice beforehand since they could be shot on the spot & crooked politicians are better detered.

Abecedarian Mage
    Hmmm Slaak, if everything you want was given to you, do you honestly think the US wouldn't be a massively militarily over extended, massively in debt, massively under educated, massively under health care served, and massively un liked nation like it is right now?

I can't are a gun in public here in Canada, and my safety is just fine. My army iS over extended though, but only because I think our government thinks we are the US. There isn't a recession if you ask a Canadian, that's not our problem up here at least, our education could be better I suppose, but at least our schools are not pretending religious notions deserve equal time, our health care could be better, but I suppose everything could always be better.

But the point is, I'm not living in constant fear here in Canada. The US loves it's guns me thinks a bit too much. And there is no evidence to support the notion not having them is a detriment to safety.

Abecedarian Mage
    Your government is as corrupted by Utopianists as much as mine is. It is valid that the 2nd Amendment is a little dated considering that few in 1776 envisioned such enormous advancements in weapons technology. However I will admit that I despise Marxists so much that I support the right to bear arms just so I can piss them off.

Abecedarian Mage
    Quote Originally Posted by SLAAKMAN View Post
    Your government is as corrupted by Utopianists as much as mine is. It is valid that the 2nd Amendment is a little dated considering that few in 1776 envisioned such enormous advancements in weapons technology. However I will admit that I despise Marxists so much that I support the right to bear arms just so I can piss them off.
    No argument with a lot of my government being in dire need of a fatal beating. The treatment our dead get on returning home gets a lot of press, Highway of Heroes and all of that. The treatment our living soldiers get on returning from A-stan on the other hand makes me want to spit on our entire government, and likely 90% of my countrymen who empower our government to think it is ok to send troops here and there, but fail to show up with the cash needed to properly support our troops both there and when they return home, often mentally demaged from the horrors of war.

I reserve the right to arm bears

Abecedarian Mage
    The treatment our living soldiers get on returning from A-stan on the other hand makes me want to spit on our entire government, and likely 90% of my countrymen who empower our government to think it is ok to send troops here and there, but fail to show up with the cash needed to properly support our troops both there and when they return home, often mentally demaged from the horrors of war.
    Kinda makes one wonder who the "enemy" really is eh?