Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back from the dead 5 years later....

Abecedarian Mage

Back from the dead 5 years later....

Ok I think my other thread has played itself out. Slaak has resorted to taking a shower

Here is a new thought, one that might be interesting.

You have been 'dead' for 5 years ie you were presumed dead from something that seemed inescapable at the time. All your friends family coworkers figured you were indeed dead and they have mourned and moved on.

Assumes all of your things have also 'moved on'. You have what you had on you when you left, clothes and what you had in your pockets. In my case it likely wouldn't be much.

What would you find yourself missing the most. Going to limit this to things, not people as logic would suggest we'd all greatly miss a lot of people.

I'd miss my books that I am sure would be worth little to anyone after me, and as such doubt they would have been kept 5 years later. 40 years of collecting books that only have sentimental value and likely will never be replaced.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Adept Sorcerer
    I'd like to say my Kindle, but since someone broke it, I already miss it. So, maybe nothing much.
    Only the second person ever to be awarded the prestigious Order of the Palm Tree for gallantry against the forces of Cruelty, Arrogance, and Stupidity.

Administrator Administrator
    I have very few possessions and those I do have are replaceable so for me nothing at all.

Abecedarian Mage
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonRimmer View Post
    I have very few possessions and those I do have are replaceable so for me nothing at all.
    On the one hand that is sad sounding, but then you might actually be more free than me too

Abecedarian Mage
    Losing my Elektro music collection, DVD's, books & magazines, miniatures, Star Trek episodes, wargames, computers, cars & supply of chocolate would be utterly catastrophic. Life is so boring without them.

Abecedarian Mage
    Hmm a man that appreciates chocolate properly, you have potential slaak.

Mage’s Assistant
    I would mourn my collection of board wargames, books, audiobooks and YES chocolate. I shudder at what might happen to my boardgames, although both my sons are avid wargamers and my daughter love tactical games-she loves that close combat thing.

Abecedarian Mage
    It always comes down to .... can you replace any of it I suppose. Much as he'd cry about it, all the ASL in this house has been re printed.

Abecedarian Mage
    I could replace much of it but it would take years. Ive been collecting for almost 50 years so I dont think Id have another 50 to make up for it.

Abecedarian Mage
    Ya same here, my stuff wasn't found over night. Some of my books, there really only valuable for the story that goes along with my finding it to some extent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast