Thread: Amazon purchase don't have disk

Hybrid View

Arcane Candidate

Amazon purchase don't have disk

Hello,
    Tonight I purchased Storm Over the Pacific through amazon's digital downloads so I don't have a disk. I tried to run the game after install and it crashed to desktop. I went to gamespot and downloaded the v1.5 patch and tried to install it but it asked for a Serial number. How would I aquire a Serial number for the downloaded version of the game? I did check the FAQs and tried to run the app as administrator with the same crash to desktop result. Any other ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've been looking forward to a good WWII Pacific strategy game. Thanks

Dennis

Arcane Candidate
    Ok I think I solved my problem. It looks like the download from Amazon came as version 1.05b so there was no need for the patch. I still get the crash to desktop error if I try to view the intro movie. If I doubleclick from the wastelands credit screen I can skip over whatever intro loads and get into the game. I'm running windows xp with a Nivida 8400 video card with 512mb video ram and have the latest directx and drivers installed. Don't know if that will help anyone

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    Hi Dennis,

It looks like you have to ask for refund. We are not selling or distributing version without a serial number.