Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Lion9 View Post
    1) Eventually offer "NATO" sprites as an option.
    Already available as a Mod - have a look here http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3123267 post #8

ToF Map mods also seem to work - such as this one http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2978403

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    I think that 90% of Time of Fury's gfx mods should work with SWiE.

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by doomtrader View Post
    I think that 90% of Time of Fury's gfx mods should work with SWiE.
    It would be grand if we had access to MODS -- right here on this SWiE forum! MODS that work near-100% of the time.

BTW, thanx Wolfe for the heads up about the NATO counters, but I am not a member @ Matrix and likely won't ever be. For reasons that are surely of no interest to anyone, anywhere. Though, I know about the Aussie, Smith, from another board. Long ago, and in another country.

Again, truly hope that he and others will eventually be able to place their mods on this here Wastelands board. Don't see why not, but I reckon there could be good and sufficient reason(s) why not?

Matrix is a much more established and visible forum and where all the other Wasteland games (including ToF from which the applicable mods come) have been released so I think it will remain the primary place for mods for some time.

As far as I know you don't need to be registered to download files from the Matrix forum, I may be wrong however.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe1759 View Post
    Matrix is a much more established and visible forum and where all the other Wasteland games (including ToF from which the applicable mods come) have been released so I think it will remain the primary place for mods for some time.
    Thanx again Wolfe for taking time to help out. Right neighborly.

Yep, Matrix is big. I like -- small. I can absolutely appreciate that this greater exposure will only help with sales. And without sales there is no forum. Opla dee opla dah. But, I yet am hoping that SWiE will have a separate forum for "mods," exactly-same as how it has been done for -- ToF. When it does, I will then DL what I need and perhaps even put up a mod that I have created. We'll see. Fabulous thing about capital-L Life -- anything is possible. No. More than that -- something never seen or heard of before, is possible.

Anyhow, I prefer to post-up in a Designer/Developer's HOME base. If I myself had released a new game, I'd want my own HOME base to get as much traffic as possible. Etc.

As far as I know you don't need to be registered to download files from the Matrix forum, I may be wrong however.
    Yer right. However, just now checked and there are no SWiE DL's available. When they are, and IF they are not yet on THIS forum, I'll -- maybe, DL from BGC Inc -- Big Gaming Company, Incorporated.

It's just me, but I NEVER DL anything directly off of a forum-thread. Who is accountable in that case? Whereas, if you DL from a game-company, there is some recourse should things go awful awry.
    Last edited by Lion9; 07-09-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion9 View Post

It's just me, but I NEVER DL anything directly off of a forum-thread. Who is accountable in that case? Whereas, if you DL from a game-company, there is some recourse should things go awful awry.
    You might be out of luck then. As far as I am aware ALL of the mods for ALL of Wastelands previous games (RtV, ToF, SotP, ToW) have been from forum posts on the Matrix site and once Matrix releases SWIE I suspect that is where all the mods for SWIE will be .

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe1759 View Post
    You might be out of luck then. As far as I am aware ALL of the mods for ALL of Wastelands previous games (RtV, ToF, SotP, ToW) have been from forum posts on the Matrix site and once Matrix releases SWIE I suspect that is where all the mods for SWIE will be .
    Thanks once again Wolfe -- out here where I live we call 'em -- "Lobos." Endangered-species because the lazy ranchers just shoot 'em instead of taking better care of their branded livestock. Ever notice that our natural-world keeps gettin' smaller and notso clean-green?

Anyway and OK, I can wait for the forthcoming mods to be put up on Matrix DL site, no problemo. However, it WOULD be great if I and others could put 'em on a forum right here on the home-base SWE site. Well, say la vie, what will be will be I reckon it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12