Thread: Simple Mod

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower

Simple Mod

Quote Originally Posted by doomtrader View Post
    You have to replace the file only in the scenario you wish to play.

Also you don't have to replace the files in original scenarios.

Just make a copy of the one you wish to mod. Change the name of the scenario folder and change the name and path in info.ini file within the scenario you have created. You have brand new campaign.
    Thanks again! It is cool shades babe!

OK, I am mainly interested in playing this game. It is indeed worth playing, else I wouldn't bother posting here, que no? The POTENTIAL is tremendous. I have read the Manual and now examined the rudimentary Editor, and I am telling you that I am surely impressed with the depth. A LOT of thought went into this ad-venture. It is quite evident to me that some dedicated improvement to the AI and also adding some needed features-- would make it even grander to behold!

I will say once again -- I recommend this SWiE game to any of my friends. And, to anyone out there who hasn't yet made up their mind -- buy it and try it and have some faith, as I do, that it WILL be gradually and surely improved.

-------------------------------------------

Back to the MOD -- while waiting for AI-improvements and the promised new Editor, I'll simply play hot-seat and assume control of all Major powers and some Minors. I therefore wish to REDUCE the time it takes for each turn. By cutting the # of ships by 60% or more.

First of all, I do not know what you mean by "... change the name and path in info.ini file..." I have looked and I do not see any "info.ini" file anywhere. Do you mean the "info" folder that has the scenario name and basic outline of the scenario? If that is true, then I merely need to change:

a) Name= "new scenario name?"
    b) ScenarioName= "new scenario name?"

And that's all?
    ---------------------------------

To keep it simple for now, PRIMARY MOD wishes:

1) I wish to reduce the ships. I see that there is a list of 310 of them. Do I merely delete each ship I wish to remove? If so, then do I need tore-number the list so that it remains in sequence? IE -- [1, 2,3,4...100] and NOT -- [1,4,9,16,22... 310]

a) I do not find where I can type in HEALTH of the ship. Let's say I wish to add BISMARK @ 70% health. How do I do that? Just add a line for Bismark, but I just don't see any place to type in current "health?"

b) Also, not clear on NavalUnitType. 40= ??? 41=??? And so on. [40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45] Could you tell me what each # represents?

**2) I wish to then DOUBLE the chance for each ship to make contact. I have found EngagementChance= 30. Would I change that to EngagementChance= 60??? Or, what?

-----------------------------------------------------

Secondary Mod Wishes:

3) REDUCE the Carrier ability to attack ground units. Haven't yet figured how to do that. Which csv-file to alter. I would like it to be nearly= ZERO.

4) Add a Level-1 Armor unit, @60% health -- to France's at-start OOB deployment.

a) First of all, I see that the ground units are labeled -- Unit type 1-6. But, I dont see any explanation for what each number represents. UnitType1= Unit2= ...???? Could you tell me?

b) Again, where do I type in the "health" of this new armor unit?

c) I would like to have deGaulle as commander, and I think I see how to do that. If not, I'll get back on this.

5) Change the Zone of Control (ZOC) for Armor units, from 1 to 2. Leaving all other ground units at 1. Now, this is for "testing" purposes. Could be that this change would alter the overall movement dynamic a little too much? Any experience with this? O/W I could have Armor and Mech=1, and all other units=0. Any experience with that paradigm?

6) Cities -- I have found the file, and see that there are coordinates and etc. Is it the case where I can simply add and remove cities? Really, that simple?

---------------------------------

Well, there you go doomtrader. Reply any ol' time, and when you get a chance. Cool nick BTW. Ah yeh, I think I already said that. About the nick. You know how it is, you get older, you tend to repeat things, eh?
    Last edited by Lion9; 07-13-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Clarification

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    1) I wish to reduce the ships. I see that there is a list of 310 of them. Do I merely delete each ship I wish to remove? If so, then do I need to re-number the list so that it remains in sequence? IE -- [1, 2,3,4...100] and NOT -- [1,4,9,16,22... 310]
    they don't need to follow in sequence

a) I do not find where I can type in HEALTH of the ship. Let's say I wish to add BISMARK @ 70% health. How do I do that? Just add a line for Bismark, but I just don't see any place to type in current "health?"
    naval_units.csv file
    Column F (hit points) means current health
    Column G (max hit points) means maximum health

b) Also, not clear on NavalUnitType. 40= ??? 41=??? And so on. [40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45] Could you tell me what each # represents?
    from 40:
    CV
    BB
    CA
    SS
    Transport
    Landing Vessels

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    **2) I wish to then DOUBLE the chance for each ship to make contact. I have found EngagementChance= 30. Would I change that to EngagementChance= 60??? Or, what?
    yes, that seems to be right

First of all, I do not know what you mean by "... change the name and path in info.ini file..." I have looked and I do not see any "info.ini" file anywhere. Do you mean the "info" folder that has the scenario name and basic outline of the scenario? If that is true, then I merely need to change:

a) Name= "new scenario name?"
    b) ScenarioName= "new scenario name?"

And that's all?
    Wow and boy howdy, that was fast! Many thanks.

A couple unanswered questions remain, but mainly the one quoted above. Still can't get a grip on HOW to change the path for the "info.ini" file?

Also:

1) If I remove ALL the ships in a fleet, do I then have to also edit the "fleet.csv" file and delete that particular fleet? Or, does the program automatically remove that now-empty fleet?

2) For the "Bismark" addition -- is there a way to make that unit a "super-battleship" or, can I only have it as BB and then upgrade while playing the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Lion9 View Post
    Wow and boy howdy, that was fast! Many thanks.

A couple unanswered questions remain, but mainly the one quoted above. Still can't get a grip on HOW to change the path for the "info.ini" file?
    OK, never mind on this one. Figured it out. Trial & Error. Tried it out once I copy-pasted my newly named file, and sure thing -- the new scenario loads up just fine.