Thread: Thought I'd share here

Administrator Administrator

Thought I'd share here

Some of you may know I'm a single parent of an 11 year old girl called Freja.

I'm feeling quite proud so want to share.

She starts High School in September and the school have classed her as Gifted\Talented.

She wants to be a games developer when she is older

I've made lots of mistakes and I have definitely under achieved and not fulfilled what I could have done during my adult life one reason has been I've been abit unlucky with illness from neuropathy from a young age to a pituitary tumour I'm still dealing with another major reason was battling a serious drug addiction problem etc. However if there is one thing I'm proud of is that through it all I think I've done a pretty good job and couldn't be a prouder parent.

I hope she gets to my age and looks back and feels she hasn't wasted any time like I do.

Anyway here is to all the parents on here. Lets hope our kids have great lives and actually live but most of all are happy!

Neophyte Sorcerer
    You have every right to be proud mate.I left school at 15 having took little notice of anything while there,so I too am proud all my kids turned out far more intelligent than their dad.

Abecedarian Mage
    Get back to us when she's a cliche 15 year old teenager. My son was more or less an angel till he became a teenager. Still a great kid at 18, but he wasn't spared the attitude He's doing great in school though.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    My older son is 17 and so far no problems with him, so keep the faith Jason

Abecedarian Mage
    Glad to hear youre keeping the faith Brother Wodin. My 15 year old daughter is in open rebellion against me at the moment and theres no end in sight. (I spoiled her I theorize) so now Im trying to determine the proper punishment. Stoppage of gin maybe? Cutting off her chocolate supply or maybe the dreaded grounding? Life can get very complicated.
    HOGMUTT-
    Here's S'aaks new crib
    A bunch of malcontents from Whore gamer tried to start ma new forum and S'aak killed it before it got off the ground.
    How stupid do you have to be to believe this shit? It's stunning.

Administrator Administrator
    A GOOD PUNISHMENT i think is this. Clothes are everything to a teenager. buy three sets of untrendy clothes and a pair of unhip trainers. When they need to be punished you take away all their trendy clothes and leave them with these three sets..until the punishment is over or apologies are made. Hitting them where it hurts without hitting them.

Abecedarian Mage
    Good grief you are sure mean Jason

Wouldn't work with my son though, he is so not trendy.

Never ground a kid, not that it matters today unless you take all their electronics, not that it is easy as they need a computer for homework so much now.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.