Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pardon, a grog-blog

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower
    Yep, I opened Pandora's hat-box alright. By placing "grog-blog" in the header. OK, that's on me.

No matter, I can talk board/computer games now and then. So long as it remains a constant -- 80% of my posts have to do with specific questions/comments/suggestions about the game at hand. Let me ponder, yep, I have done that.

I'll even encourage ol' doomT to pitch in his zwei pfennigs! (don't know what the equivalent would be in Lodz lingo, and am too lazy to look it up!) Doubtless, it is solid, gold/precious-metal-backed monetary devise. That Euro Union can be tough banksters! OOOps, I surely meant to say -- bankers, bankers! Pardon, guess I have been reading too many American headlines these last -- day-of-locust-years since Glass-Steagall got stomped on by acting-out boy-bullies. Yeah, like that.
    Last edited by Lion9; 07-26-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Abecedarian Mage
    I am impressed with your views on the AI in later incarnations of SC2 and onwards. How well does it manage naval operations?
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan d'Arc View Post
    I am impressed with your views on the AI in later incarnations of SC2 and onwards. How well does it manage naval operations?
    Errr, well Joan d'Arc, my "views" surely can be curio-cuckoo; OTOH, some of 'em are quite finely informed. Yeh, JMO!

Let's use the failing American grading system -- A+ as apex, and C- as -- low as you can go (nobody is deemed dumb here, IE -- shove 'em on along, let somebody else worry about their lack of "worldly acumen" and besides? Who in their right mind wants their auto-tires slashed! For handing out a D or F?) and here is how I would grade later SC-series:

Land: B+
    Sea: B-
    Air: B

That might seem kinda "middling" but I tell you this -- I have played a LOT of WW2-era games, and that current report-card is YET superior to any other I have found.

While we're at it, I shall act intrepid, and deign to grade SWiE's AI:

Land: C
    Sea: C+
    Air: C

Passing grades, and no low-as-can-go "C-" among the lot, but -- with a steady effort it COULD BE higher.

Sea-grade is highest due to choosing to implement sea-zones 'stead of having 300+ individual naval vessels carousing aimlessly 'round the 7 Seas! Imagine that! I do like your "A3R idea" of having the whole "strategic warfare" model mostly off-board, where you assign assets such as interceptors or ASW and the computer provides monthly results, with chance playing it's part. Which is how "Clash of Steel" did it too. OK, that's a whole 'nother deep-discussion thread so I leave it alone just now.

If nothing else, and given that doomT apparently doesn't wish to do -- much else with this potentially lucrative game -- ah jeh, one might only hope that he will, at least, study harder and impress his teachers (customers?) by EXPANDING the present parameters by 50%-100%

I mean to say -- could include MORE logic-paths -- IF->THEN.

IE, have attack/defense routines dependent on "co-responding conditions" such as -- IF there are only 10 enemy strength points within 4 hexes of Moscow, THEN you enable an offensive. Naturally, this would also depend on how much strength is available to attack. But, you get the idea.

Well, that suggestion likely falls in the "naive fantasy" realm, so -- enjoy your week-end! doomT too! If yer dying-Sun is anything like our brilliant Star out here in The Wild West -- be sure to wear yer cool shades babe!
    Last edited by Lion9; 07-28-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12