Thread: One Wish for Next Patch

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower

One Wish for Next Patch

There is one currently non-functioning thing that really matters. Zone of Control.

IMHO, Armor ZOC absolutely needs to be greater than any infantry unit. I tried setting it at "2" (default of 1, for ALL units) but it does not work. In the game.

Problem here being -- it is much more difficult to replicate the whole "blitzkreig" aspect of WW2. IOW, you cut-off unit(s) and they simply move through your ZOC as if it was not there. For instance, in most recent game I THOUGHT I had by-passed a French infantry unit with my German Armor. I thought the infantry unit would then be unable to move through 2 Armor units -- side by side, one hex apart. But the infantry unit simply took all 3 of its action points and moved -- 1, 2, 3 -- right between the 2 armor units.

And so, I surely hope -- above all else in the upcoming July patch -- that you can *fix* this one very vital, and already implemented function. The zone-of-control. That would be cool shades babe!

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    I just checked and it seems that the ZOC is working properly

Quote Originally Posted by doomtrader View Post
    I just checked and it seems that the ZOC is working properly
    Huh. It does NOT work in my mod. I will check to see IF it works in the default '39 scenrario and get back to you. Will not NOW venture a guess as to WHY it does NOT work in my mod. Trying it now. Rather, in the next 15 minutes or so. Heidegger, you know.

OK, just tried the ZOC on default '39 scenario and -- it DOES work.

However, I assure you that it does NOT work in my modded '39 scenario. Any reason that you can think of? WHY it would work for default and not in my mod?

Like I have mentioned -- I have played the mod into mid 1942. There is NO indication in the "ConsoleOut" file that there is any problem with my modded scenario. I have learned how to "read" that file by now, after many many hours of looking at it in order to discover errors.

Any idea?

Or, equally frustrating, WHY my mod can NOT be loaded into the new Editor?

While looking -- once again, at my "const" file for modded '39, I noticed that I had put "0" for ZOC for garrisons.

Would you suppose that the checksys (or, the game itself) does NOT recognize "0" as a value for movement? It is the ONLY difference that I can find between default const file and my modded file.

OK, have played through APR of '40. The Poles were NOT able to pass-through the 16th Panzer's ZOC. Good.

Now, I'll play through Fall of France later and see if it still holds true. Because THAT is where I mostly noticed the problem. To begin with.