Thread: No Hotmail email addresses??

Abecedarian Mage

No Hotmail email addresses??

Incredible, I was going to grab the game up as 60% off of almost nothing is too little to get fussy over. Thought I would get the game and fiddle with it a bit to see if it really is ok etc etc etc.

I am surprised though, that the only reason I am not now downloading my purchase is I can't use a Hotmail account!

Are we both on the same planet? I have 3 hotmail accounts, and each of them is apparently good for virtually any other form of use I have ever needed them for. My Steam games use hotmail, and I use hotmail for Paypal. All of my Matrix Games/Slitherine serials are currently sitting in a folder on a hotmail account for easy access.

Is this some sort of weird Polish problem? I'm confused gentlemen. I was initially thinking of getting the Strategy Pack and I was actually going to give away the serial to Time of Wrath as we already own it here. But it seems I won't be getting anything if I can't use my email address. This absolutely HAS to have screwed you guys out of perfectly good sales in the past. I refuse to think it hasn't. I am not going to demand you fix this problem though, it's your head ache, fix it or not at your discretion, but you just slammed the door in my face basically.

I'm a bit miffed right now. If you want the sale, I expect you to come to ME with your hat in your hand and with a solution present before you arrive thank you.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.

Administrator Administrator
    Your post is very abrupt Joan. Several places have issues with hotmail. It's not a "polish" thing. You can put your issue across nicely without getting all worked up and sounding quite rude. Not sure why people need to go off at the deep end straight away. It's a minor problem that can be looked into. Patience is a virtue. I'd have thought you would be someone who had patience and wasn't someone who wanted things right now but willing to wait. Infact me personally I'd quickly make a new email account somewhere but hey I'm obviously more tolerant.

I will mention it to Les. Who is a great lad. He really doesn't want to put customers off and I can tell you that. Also he has been away on holiday and has only just got back, so just hold on.

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    Could you please send me the details of the issue at my email?
    support[at]wastelands-interactive.com

Abecedarian Mage
    Just dropping back in to close up this matter.

I saw it is on sale over at Slitherine, and that essentially makes the whole matter moot and no longer relevant. 15 bucks is hardly a problem, and their order options are ideal. So I likely will drop a few Paypal bucks on it and see if it is able to grab my interest or not. I'm hoping for something straightforward simple and able to be an in and out of it sort of game.

I suppose it will have as many warts as the other European grand strategy designs out there, but if it can be as good as Strategic Command or Commander Europe at War it won't be all bad.

Anyway, sorry about being so bitchy in my first post boys. I was just annoyed that I finally was ready to get a wargame for myself, and something so stupid seeming stopped it.
    Please don't go on about how cool it is I like wargames. It gets old.
    Some of my comments are just me parroting his bitching.