Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rogues?

Sorcerer of the Lesser Tower Morak's Avatar
    Another Rogue ability that could be used could be a poison type attack.

We can certainly give rogue heroes that ability. Some of them anyway

And welcome!

They should have an escape ability to survive a fatal combat.
    Last edited by Rybon; 04-05-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Also interesting!

Apprentice
    You could have normal thieves and then depending on how successful your thief is you could have a thief "king" or "lord" or what have you which is a hero unit that has special abilities like the ability to kidnap a towns lord or king or prince and then have that particular town have an increase in a negative stat like "disorder" or "anarchy" until the player pays the one who kidnapped said "lord" a certain amount of gold to have him back?
    Limit of the thousands hands, respectful hands, unable to touch the darkness. Shooting hands unable to reflect the blue sky. The road that basks in light, the wind that ignited the embers, time that gathers when both are together, there is no need to be hesitant, obey my orders. Light bullets, eight bodies, nine items, book of heaven, diseased treasure, great wheel, grey fortress tower. Aim far away, scatter brightly and cleanly when fired

That's a wild and unique thought. If it gets community support I think it would be doable

Acolyte
    i just hit on this in the halflings thread. i think implementing rogues as a halfling unit special would be huge...and i think it would make the race much more appealing to those that give it no love.

OK, that actually is a fair point! Rogues could be like halfling ninjas!

Any ideas on filling them out as a normal unit?

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    As slingers? After all, backstabbing slingers would give them chances at the "Oh what the hell" damages that the original ones could do....

Acolyte
    yeah, maybe you already peeked at my post in the halfing thread, but little ninjas fits perfectly.

i think their special traits/abilities should include, but not be limited to:

sneaking - invisibility type bonus that could only be countered by such a spell similar to "true sight" which would cover a scouting range bonus with a lower chance of detection (spy if you will) on the overworld map in addition to a defense bonus from spells and melee combat with the attacker suffering an increased "to miss" chance percentage or spell targeting fail.

back stabbing attack - to hit bonus with damage bonus

and not to be overlooked a "looting" bonus which would increase the chances for a % over the default reward for victory regardless of where the battle was fought if rogues are included in the attacking stack.
    Last edited by Chaos Spawn; 04-12-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast