Thread: Faction Wars

Faction Wars

OK guys, this is just a quick post to let you know what's in my head with regard to the "fifth" faction and beyond. We've had a lot of good ideas thrown into the hat and we've already explored "fleshing out" the Draconian and Goblin factions. I'm going to start posting here more regularly with other race options so we can work out more details on those options. In the coming weeks (I can't say just when yet) we're going to put the fifth race to a vote. We will probably limit this vote to the forums, because it's you guys that are most involved. (Facebook polls can go any direction.) Before the "vote" post I plan to put together a "faction summery" post to lay out where we are in brief. Anyway, the point of all this is to say that if you have a good idea don't keep it to yourself. You are all helping shape this game. The more feedback we get the better it's going to be.

I'm not sure what your funding situation is but if you plan to do a Kickstarter at some point I would recommend you wait on any final vote until the campaign begins and let the backers vote. I'm all for "fleshing out" additional factions now though to provide more options for the vote.
    If your funding is secured though (via a publisher, rich uncle, or whatever) then ignore this post.

Well, funding works something like this: You can always use more.

I've got the green light on five races. I want more and may very well get them, but basically we're going to step through them one at a time. That's why I feel community feedback is important. Some things, extra races included, are going to be kicked back to DLC. I want to make sure we get the most popular things in the core game.