Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Necromancy

With, Earth+Necromancy, you should be able to make construct, like golem.
    Water+necromancy: Waterbreathing ability or icy constructs

Those are interesting cross-circle examples. I would have stuck them in the cross-circle thread Still, interesting suggestions.

Apprentice
    I honestly don't see how you could get anything out of this definition of Necromancy that you couldn't get by combining Death/Life and Augmentation circles. It just seems redundant to me. And saying Necromancy is the manipulation of the living body ignores the prefix "necro". I think Necromancy would be better served as some sort of perk or trait you can take if you put enough points into both Death and Augmentation. Maybe giving you bonuses to summoned undead or something.

The idea behind the Necormancy circle is that it combines elements from both Death and Life, but limiting that to physical effects. So, you could heal a unit or create undead. In MoM life and death were mutually exclusive. The same will be true in WoM, but the Necromantic circle will bridge the gap.

Now, that having been said, I admit it probably needs a new name. It's done nothing but cause confusion so far. So, what are the new name suggestions?

I really like biomancy, a lot even. I think it fits perfectly with your concept of "limited to physical effects". What says "physical effects" more than biology or biomancy, rofl. Hey, did I mention I like biomancy? Biomancy is a cool name. What about biomancy?

I don't agree with Asmodai.
    Biomancy may be a better name!

Apprentice
    Well based on what exactly it does, Transmutation or Alteration might be the way to go. I still think most of the effects would be better suited as Life or Death crossed with Augmentation though.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I think Biomancy works fine.

The lean is for biomancy. We'll see what other feedback we get

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast