Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Metamorphosis (Custom Races)

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaron View Post
    So if Charisma was usually a dump stat in D&D here it can be easily abused and you could end up with races that look like this: +4 srt +4 dex +4 con -4 int -8 cha (Intelligence would also be a dump stat since you only use it for wizards while you use the rest of the stats for every unit, plus you don't use skills anymore). We have to be very carefull with this kind of powergaming.
    I agree with this 100%. in my example I didn't put anything over +2, and that might be a good baseline to start with.

Maybe introduce the ability to have 1 stat +4 later on down the line, but probably with severe restrictions, or requirements of negative to a physical stat. (you can take +4 str but if you do, you race automatically has -2 dex, -2 con and you can't boost those stats now). Or you could limit to just leave out anything above +2.

Quote Originally Posted by baenre View Post
    I agree with this 100%. in my example I didn't put anything over +2, and that might be a good baseline to start with.

Maybe introduce the ability to have 1 stat +4 later on down the line, but probably with severe restrictions, or requirements of negative to a physical stat. (you can take +4 str but if you do, you race automatically has -2 dex, -2 con and you can't boost those stats now). Or you could limit to just leave out anything above +2.
    I would rather forget about modifing the abilities stats. Instead we could give mods for base attack (melee and ranged), hit points and saves. That way you can upgrade whatever you want (say, ranged attack bonus for the elves) without the problems that changeing a whole stat could give you.
    “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.”

George Bernard Shaw

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldaron View Post
    I would rather forget about modifing the abilities stats. Instead we could give mods for base attack (melee and ranged), hit points and saves. That way you can upgrade whatever you want (say, ranged attack bonus for the elves) without the problems that changeing a whole stat could give you.
    This could be really great, or a total powergaming disaster. I can't wait until beta so we can test it out!

Arcane Candidate
    1) not much, but will need more info and playtest with the new abilities and benefits, but until the playtes no need to worry

2)Have an option to import or create your wizard portrait and use the other races graphics

3)Keep

4)Yes, so i make a berzerks Elf race, and put the Ai for the race like rapid expansion and conquer.

5)If you can swith on-off why not

6)Yes

7)yes, 3ith toggle options

8)None, if you have 10 points you can chose wher you want, like 4 pts in combat and 6 in non-combat

9)With limit

10)Yes

I think that I'll renew this debate when we get a little further down the road. For the moment I have to put on the shelf. There are only so many hours in the day

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234