Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: WoM And The Seven Dwarves (Dwarven Units)

Thrown spells! That's an awesome idea! It would add a range limitation to their spells. Because of that we could make them more powerful without losing balance. I love it!

Apprentice
    The Merciless Deserts of the American Southwest
    Just an idea I'd thought i'd throw in, but does anyone remember the barbarians throwing weapons mechanic in MoM? Barb units would get a couple points of damage in before any melee attacks.

Not saying this would replace ranged units like crossbows, but maybe have dwarf melee guys all carry throwing axes? For one or two ranged attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Alright, this post, as I'm sure you already know, is to share the tentative list of dwarven units with you. So, here's the list:

Axe-Dwarves
    Crossbow-Dwarves
    Berzerkers
    Wizards
    Clerics
    Axe Lords
    Boar Riders
    Catapults
    Dwarven Defenders
    I read this list and immediately thought of Thibbledorf Pwent. (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Thibbledorf_Pwent)
    I don't know how battleragers (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Battlerager) would fit into your idea for Dwarves, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

That concept could certainly be worked into the list. A sort of flavorful berzerker. It's worth thinking about

Sorcerer
    My support to Larry4444 list :

Settler
    Engineer
    Axe-men
    Halberdier
    Runecaster
    Berserker
    Hammerhands
    Golem
    Steam Cannon

IMO this list has the perfect classic dwarven aspect.

I don't like gunpowder at all in this kind of game. Same goes for steam-technology of course, and flying zeppelins.....

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    They had a Cannon in MoM, so I don't see any issues with them having one in this game.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    They had a Cannon in MoM, so I don't see any issues with them having one in this game.
    Yeah, Dwarves and steam tech seem to go hand-in-hand in a lot of fantasy worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    Not everything in MoM is perfect.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Maybe, but it's silly to say a MoM successor can have no tech themed things at all when MoM had some.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast