Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Little News

A Little News

Alright guys, I'm just doing a short post today. We've already had a busy day and it's still morning. I've got a fair amount on my plate for the rest of the day, hence the short post. The news is that now I can let you know that we are going to run a Kickstarter to help fund the game (and drum up interest, and let people get some really cool rewards, etc.) The launch date is still up in the air a bit, but it's coming soon. Also, we've just started sending out a little media and as soon as I can I'm going to share it with you guys. (For the moment it's in the realm of “exclusive” news material, but it won't be long and you'll be able to see it.)

Another bit of news is that we're probably going to need at least two moderators (maybe more) in the coming weeks. We want to know if we have any volunteers. As traffic increases we expect a need for moderation

So, if you want on the volunteer list let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Alright guys, I'm just doing a short post today. We've already had a busy day and it's still morning. I've got a fair amount on my plate for the rest of the day, hence the short post. The news is that now I can let you know that we are going to run a Kickstarter to help fund the game (and drum up interest, and let people get some really cool rewards, etc.) The launch date is still up in the air a bit, but it's coming soon. Also, we've just started sending out a little media and as soon as I can I'm going to share it with you guys. (For the moment it's in the realm of “exclusive” news material, but it won't be long and you'll be able to see it.)

Another bit of news is that we're probably going to need at least two moderators (maybe more) in the coming weeks. We want to know if we have any volunteers. As traffic increases we expect a need for moderation

So, if you want on the volunteer list let us know!
    Congrats on the kickstater campaign! As I told Eduardo on another forum board I'm in as soon as you manage to launch it.

I'm fairly new to the board, but I've been a moderator on huge gaming boards so I have experience managing internet crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaron View Post
    Congrats on the kickstater campaign! As I told Eduardo on another forum board I'm in as soon as you manage to launch it.

I'm fairly new to the board, but I've been a moderator on huge gaming boards so I have experience managing internet crowds.
    You're the guy from DeRol.ar forums, aren't you? I think we have a good candidate for moderation here lol .

I think it's great you're doing a kickstarter!
    I'm a bit of a kickstarter addict, so far I've backed 43 projects.
    Personally I'd prefer if you wait about 20 days to start it so I can wrap up the two big ones I'm backing right now but I understand you aren't going to tailor your launch dates off of my schedule, rofl. (it won't prevent me from backing you)
    Don't get the wrong idea though, I don't have loads of money as several of the projects I've backed didn't meet their goals or were cancelled (so no money was spent) and I tend to back in the $15-$25 range not for hundreds or thousands of dollars but I try to do what I can. I REALLY love the idea of Kickstarter and GoG and truly believe they are a revolution in PC gaming and not just a passing fad. The big publishers have had too much power for too long.

As for moderators I'm not sure I'm a good fit but if you'd like me to I'll give it a try. I'm not always the most diplomatic of people and often I have trouble conveying tone so my posts come off more aggressive or even hostile when that was not my intent. I'm also very excited about this game which leaves me with no shortage of ideas (as you can see by my post count) and I tend to want to advocate those which is probably not the best for a moderator. In my mind a moderator should be more neutral than I think I'm capable of being but again if you lack volunteers I'll give it a try. I'm certainly here a fair amount.

I also tend to write crazy long posts...

I will also volunteer, I have plenty of time at work to do that.

Also looking forward to a successful Kickstarter!

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    You're the guy from DeRol.ar forums, aren't you? I think we have a good candidate for moderation here lol .
    Yep, I took your advise and came here.

I don't know if you've read it, but this article from the developers of Legends of Eisenwald gives some usefull tips about running a kickstarter campaign.
    Last edited by Aldaron; 03-18-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Suicidal Angel Administrator doomtrader's Avatar
    Aldaron, great article. It is always great to read that people managed to fund the game they desire to create.

What I found as very important is that the large part of the success was a supporting community.

I hope XBLA or Android is a stretch goal! (Or even better, part of the initial plan!)

I don't know if I'm supposed to talk about our stretch goals yet, but I'll say this: You have good instincts.

Anyway, I thank all you willing volunteers. We'll be picking a few moderators soon

I've also gotten a little addicted to kickstarter. I've only backed 9 so far, but most of them made it. It's hard not to start backing when you see what all is out there. I mean a bunch a old-schoolers are coming out of the woodwork to start new projects. We may be looking at another golden age of PC gaming. The guys that did Quest for Glory successfully kicked off Hero-U (I can't wait to get my copy.) Richard Garriott (Lord British) is back with his own "Spiritual Successor" to the Ultima series. There's a load more. Anyways, we're doing our part to try and bring the good-old-days back. At least from a computer game point of view, lol.

I don't really know if it's ok to mention other games in these forums, seems a bit odd to talk about one game in anothers forums, but since you mentioned it the Ultima "Spiritual Successor" is one of the two big projects I'm backing right now that I'd prefer if you allow to conclude before you start yours. Again it's not NECESSARY for me to back WoM but the more major projects going on at the same time the less money I have to devote to each one. I'm sure I'll be able to back WoM at some level in any case however. Both major projects are RPGs though so aren't direct competitors to WoM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast