Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cultural Differences

Subcultures could prove interesting. I think they could be gently folded into DLC though. As I've said before, there's only so much room in the core game.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    One way to do the cultures - in a game expansion - would be to have different paths through the city development tree, so as a city grows up it can develop differently from game to game.

I think this should be made post-original release, though i think it's a bit too big for a regular DLC, better just call it an expansion. Once we get the races we want into the game (which is the most important part) then we can look into dividing these races into 2 or 3 cultures per race. We really should talk out all the cultures at that point to make sure they are all flavorful and are different enough. If you really think about it there are many, many ways you can go about making subcultures very different, even though they start from the same origin race. different cultures can lead to very differently themed units and different looking people in general. Like i said in the minotaur thread, the minotaurs could be what you would think in one culture, but a more ice/winter themed minotaur culture could give them white fur and new ice units.
    Malleus the Magician + Fang the Draconian = OP

Expansion, DLC, what's in a name?

I prefer the DLC option.

I have a big problem with the faction of "living dead". Referred to the MoM there was no
    such thing and only sorcerers were capable of creating and summoning these units.
    That was the strengh of the death magic.

I prefer the idea of MoM of having a ManaNexus which might be infested by the force of
    death entities.
    (which also could be the only source and spaces where undead factions migth settle.
    => this would lead to a different importance of map squares!)
    Last edited by Teppic; 07-17-2013 at 02:06 PM.

same, hmm maybe change your idea that mananexus (do you mean nodes that give mana or something else, just in case) are normal by spell or naturally corrupted nodes, warping energy from them (negative mana from them unless cleansed as normal tiles, have undead city on it to be able to use that energy or death/biomancy circles ?)or they could have to little places to settle, there was mention they get resources from corrupted tiles

but i think its too late for them to change mind, maybe even completed units and other art of that city, how much progress is acualy made in game with undead city and other parts of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spellcaster View Post
    but i think its too late for them to change mind, maybe even completed units and other art of that city, how much progress is actually made in game with undead city and other parts of it?
    FYI, the design of the High Men and Undead are mostly complete now.
    Elves are the next faction to be designed.

as i remember i think its mentioned there wil be 5 races in original release, later more in dlc? so what is decided? humans undead, elves and what? orcs most likely and dwarwes or bugs?

http://wastelands-interactive.com/me...Playable_Races

The KS campaign hit some extra milestones, so there will be 8.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123