Thread: Faction Primary

Question Faction Primary

This was posted on Kickstarter but I thought I'd post a link here as well:

First, we've reach the 40k goal between KS and PayPal so 20 more roaming creatures just wandered into Worlds of Magic! Great job everyone!! Keep it up!!! We've still got time to hit a few more.

Second, we've decided to run a “Primary”. It's to decide which two races are the candidates for the next faction vote. So go cast your vote here:

Faction Primary

Try to guess which faction Leszek wanted us to put in

WOW, Dark Elves are killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rybon View Post
    WOW, Dark Elves are killing it.
    Yeah, I didn't see that coming, that's probably because they were awesome and really different to other races in MoM. And even the golems seem to be doing better than orcs.
    “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.”

George Bernard Shaw

I fear the war for what exactly "Dark Elf" means is about to go to the next level... and no matter what the result a lot of people are going to be disappointed having voted for what they think it means and it turning out to be something different. I hope I'm wrong.

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    I love Dark Elf factions but I'm really surprised they are outdoing Orcs who I always see as a staple bread n' butter faction of fantasy TBS. Maybe the new HoMM6 expansion released today had something to do with it? you never know. Maybe people just want sexy witch elves...

As for the Golem faction well, I don't particularly like the idea but the Will of the People and all that.

Dark Elves are just cool in everything where they appear: MoM, D&D, EverQuest, etc. There's no competing with them.

yes.Dark Elves own most other races in all games ive played so far.
    Very high coolness factor+slightly overpowered most of the time.
    I love them.About 75% of mom games i played i started with DE.
    I think we have 2 possible approaches for them for the core game: Spider cult or very mom like dark elves.I like both.
    I think eventually we will have both themes in with subcultures and imo unlike Orcs,Dark Elves wont lead to such big discussions about the initial theme because most people just generally like them.

Very glad to see the Dark Elves out front. They were my favorite race in Master of Magic, bar none.

Dark elves, dark elves and dark elves !!!
    that's what I want, and I'm not the only one!

Apprentice
    Where are my Trolls :~(