Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Minotaurs: Lords of Maze and Horn

Minotaurs: Lords of Maze and Horn

Heya,

I'm reposting a list Happery made in The Fey thread. I don't want that thread cluttered by talk of a seperate faction, so I'm starting a new one. Everything below is Happery's list. I'm not putting it in a quote box because the quote boxes make everything look ugly on my computer:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hum, Minotaurs... They have +2 level adjustment, so they'd be stronger then most units of the same slot, but that can be countered with a combination of costing more and, being large creatures, having less people in a unit. Well, here it goes!

Minotaur Brawler : The basic milita unit. Four or three Minotaur warriors with clubs and no armor.

Minotaur Tracker : Ranged unit. Minotaur warriors with heavy crossbows. Two or three of them.

War Bull : Tier two melee unit. Armored Minotaur fighters with sword and shield. Two or Three of them.

Labyrinth Lord : Tier three melee unit. Armored Minotaur barbarians with a greataxe. Comes in groups of two.

Minotaur Slayer : Minotaur barbarians with both a battleaxe and throwing axes. Tier two ranged unit. Two or three of them.

Gorgon : The kind that looks like a bull. Ultimate unit and big monster. Only one per unit.

Herd-Shaman : Arcane unit. Minotaur adept with a hand axe. Two or three of them.

Labyrinth Queen : Divine caster. High level, carried a staff. Only two per unit.

Not sure about their siege weapon, leaning towards either a crude catapult (To shoot cows at enemies with), or a hand carried Battering Ram. Like the trolls and other thug nations of MoM, limited unit list but have some nicely heavy hitting murder machines, if low on other factions utility units.

(Suggestions welcome, this was just a bare bones five minute list because I was asked.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A nice list.
    As a drawback, they could be "furious" : in battle, they go straightforward to the next unit, even if it is a really powerful one. And they can go back to defend other units.
    Or, they could be "bloodthirsty" : when a unit is slaughtered, they must stay for one turn at the same place to harp on the bodies of enemies.

Here's some minotaur art from a game I love, it might spark some ideas:

Hurloon.jpgmino2.jpgmino3.jpgmino4.jpg

What about Minotaur Halberders? Do we have any halberders in the game yet? I always picture minotaurs with axes, so a halberd would be a natural weapon for them.

Thanks for making it a new thread.

Troy did you tap enough land to summon everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Rybon View Post
    Thanks for making it a new thread.

Troy did you tap enough land to summon everything?
    LOL, it would take quite a bit.

The Gorgon could be used as a siege unit (it doesn't have to be a ranged siege unit) or you could change the War Bull, or the Labirynth Lord for the Battering Ram.
    “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.”

George Bernard Shaw

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Well, they have only 8 units in that list, so we don't actually have to take anything away to add a siege unit even if we are still limited to only 9.. and the Gorgon is supposed to be it's top tier giant monster threat unit, so waiting for them would probably make siege take to long. Also, the faction isn't supposed to have an engineer as I wrote it up either. They aren't really good at building things, you know?

And for the people who want raging Minotaurs, allow me to remind you that going berserk is a class skill for barbarians.

I feel like a minotaur race would be a good lesser race or something. not far up my list of full factions i would want in.
    Malleus the Magician + Fang the Draconian = OP

I would much rather have Minotaur, before Gnome or Halfling. I know I am the minority. But a race that can go form normal to berserk in a matter of minutes always struck a cord with me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast