Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Minotaurs: Lords of Maze and Horn

I think minotaurs have tons of ootential, but it will take someone getting passionate about them and making the sales pitch. D&D, MTG, and WoW have some excellent inspirational material to build on. Someone just has to take up the mantle.

But... Minotaurs don't go berserk. At least not in d20. They do have Barbarian as their favored class so some of them could do it. But I would rather save the feature for a Viking culture.

Their Engineers could be something like "Labyrinth Builder" or something like that.
    “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.”

George Bernard Shaw

Ok point taken. I just like the berserk version, better. I know it is all in how people see it. I don't think you have to base it on Vikings.

You could take the Greek version and spice it up. I really enjoyed the Race books done on Minotaurs set in the Dragonlance series.
    Last edited by Rybon; 05-03-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Also, i feel like minotaurs should be put into one big beastman faction, like the draconian/lizardman idea. That way, making subcultures for them could be diverse, interesting and flavorful.

Ex. The beastmen could have icy brethren from the north, whom all have white fur instead of black or brown.

I wonder how subcultures will be divided up anyhow. There can't be that much lore with any geography since its random every time. Wonder how they'll do it...
    Malleus the Magician + Fang the Draconian = OP

Sorry but I disagree, Minotaur should not be part of the beastman. I think beastman are a different race altogether. I see them looking Like Goatman or Ram headed.

Apprentice
    I remember the first time I saw a minotaur for a fantasy game. It was in the D&D Monster manual back in the 80's- the one where he's running with a battle axe. It's a very evocative picture. I like the idea of Minotaur Axement, Halberders, and Boulder-throwers. Do you think their city walls could be something like a small labyrinth, just to add flavor to them? Would that be too hard to program?

They could certainly be an interesting race. We need to include them in the next faction primary

Well. I guess I'd rather have them then golems

Apprentice
    Minotaurs might need more time to bake before voting. Someone made a good point in another thread that they might be better to include in the beastmen faction. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE minotaurs and I think they could stand on their own and be lots of fun. But this thread has many fewer replies than the orcs, golems, gnomes, fey, and halflings. That could suggest there is less interest in them.

Personally I like the idea of minotaurs being an elite unit in the otherwise goat headed beast men faction but I believe I'm in the minority there. I do prefer this faction over golems though. I'd really like to see goblin/orcs and even gnomes in before them though. Heck, I'd rather see high elves. Just my opinion though and its great to see as many new factions as possible being discussed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast