Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beastmen

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Elephant Men.

Ok, bit of fluff and revisions

This list I envisage as being based roughly upon barbarian types of culture. Pagans, believing in old earthen gods, dark gods. I would like to keep the shaggy unkempt look and feel of the goatmen/Beastmen, throughout the units if possible. The Beastmen tribes/clans, would be led by a powerful Hag queen, magic user, with a Beastman druid priest to whip up battle fervor, and preach the teachings of the old gods. I would think they would live in or close to large forested areas.

Anyway, heres the revised list :-

Beast Bretheren :- Warrior caste, leather armour, Spearmen units, shields.beast spears.jpg (spearmen instead of swordsmen, as I feel that making spears is a lot easier and less technologically complicated than the making of a sword)

Werewolf Beserkers :- No armour, immune to physcology ? Armed with teeth claws, fast, and agile unit (could fill the role of cavalry, if centaurs are required in other factions, or their very own faction.) werewolf.jpg

Minotaur bodyguard :- Top class melee unit strong, double handed axes assortment of metal armour, good morale good discipline maybe till they taste blood?( I personally feel these would be ideal for the beastmen faction, but again, if they are being used elsewhere I have an alternative) Happerry mentioned elephantmen I didnt like it at first, because I just thought that they would not fit in, but what if those elephant men were shaggy/hairy, we would have mammoth men!!! an ideal replacement for the minos, of similar stature I feel too.

Dark Centaur horse archers :- (Ghengis khan type equipment and looks) very good horse archer unit lightly armoured, leather. composite bows, sword. I think that there could be 2 types of centaur just like elves have dark elves, why could there not be a dark centaur?. I love the look of these, and think that they would be the perfect cavalry option myself for this list. Although maybe a more goat/ram type equivalent maybe good. Rybon: The harpies, are also a good suggestion, but they would have to be shaggy in appearance, but would add a flying capability to the army. cent.jpg

Dark centaur Cataphracts:- Very heavy cavalry armed with spears, barding ,shields(again if the centaurs were not wanted in this list, I would probably replace with, Beastmen chosen :- warrior elite, chainmail, Bardiche, or glaives. very good morale, good discipline.centa.jpg

Asmodai :Manticore, I like it shaggy scorpian tailed Beast! manti.jpg

Herd Druid :Healer type

Hag queen/matriarch : Now when i say hag, I do not envisage this female who is ugly at all, If you Have seen katy Perrys music video Et, right at the end she reveals a beautiful body, and skin with a set of cloven hooves. Thats the vision I have, She rules the beastmen through the power of her magic, and beauty. I imagine her as a Boudica type, maybe in a chariot?

Siege engine : The ram, with rams head ! ;-)

Hope thats a better list..
    Last edited by zdsdead; 05-10-2013 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    Elephant Men.
    How's this?

LOX2.jpg

Lol, yes that sort of thing, but with more hair, more mammothy :-)

Here's one that's more armory and mammothy, I think:

LOX3.jpg

Imagine a unit of them, and there warcry, trumpet!!!, and a special trample attack, if they charge.
    Also a nice in game sound effect to go with it.
    Last edited by zdsdead; 05-17-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Or you could go the rhino route:

rhox1.jpg

Like them both really, but if I had to chose it would be the mammoth men, all though there is the wooly rhino....
    Last edited by zdsdead; 05-11-2013 at 05:25 PM.

beastwomen.jpg Hag Queen

Ok, How I envisage beastman society to operate is as follows, A tribal society ruled by a powerful Hag queen, based losely on British tribes such as the iceni, and brigantes etc.
    I think that they would be adept at building wooden palisades, forts, structures and simple weapons, but would struggle when it came to building stone walls etc. ( If the suggested levels for city walls is implemented, I would maybe give them a bonus for building the first tier of wooden defences, but as soon as stone becomes involved in the later tiers, maybe a penalty should be invoked upon them) This would tie in with the background of them preferring to live in or near to forested areas. Also I feel that they would struggle in the forging of complex weapons and maybe have a penalty for smithing etc. I think most of their metal armour objects would come from captured loot, and trade., Nobles and the high end warrior caste would have metal armour/weapons, jewelry, but your average warrior would have maybe a spear, and a helm at most.

I think having said the above with regard to their deficiency with working metal, that the faction is in no way backwardly stupid, they are just more religious and have a strong bond with the forest, land and old gods. I see their Druids performing ritual sacrifices to the gods as a big part of their culture.

I do realize that the iceni, and brigantes had the capability to make beautiful jewelry and swords etc, but they were a sign of social status, so I wanted to make sure that this was reflected in the faction list.

I also thought that a ring of sacrificial stones could be one of their building type, giving some sort of bonus (not sure what exactly, mana ?)

Another idea for a building type, would be a great moot hall, or Druids grove, not sure on what bonus they should give? maybe the moot hall gives a population bonus?, druids grove some sort of mana religious bonus?
    Last edited by zdsdead; 05-29-2013 at 08:59 AM.

We need to make sure beastmen are in the next primary.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast