Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Things I Disliked about MoM

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I actually liked the scout reports in MOM...

Good thread idea.

-I disliked how engineers were in fewer than half the factions. I get that not every race should have one, but they were too rare for me.

-I'll go ahead and jump on the anti-crack's call bandwagon. The worst part, IMHO, was that the spell always seemed more effective when the AI cast it than when I cast it. I hated that...

-I disliked how unimportant the sea was. No resources. Naval units were weak and uninteresting. In Civilization or Colonization, sea battles were frequent and fun. Not in MoM.

-I disliked how food didn't stockpile. As my empire grew really large, especially on Impossible, my food production would go through wild swings every few turns. Sometimes I'd produce way more than I could ever use. And two or three turns later, I'd be in the negatives because a bunch of cities just leveled or I conquered a large city that produced little food. Being able to stockpile food would have smoothed that out and made the game a more fun experience for me.

What I dislike?
    The grand Vizir : of course but the fact that you can disable it makes it just annoyance
    The lack of production queue : yes, specially when your city goes to housing and you notice it after 5 rounds... The table with your cities is unusable, I still don't understand the way cities are stacking in.
    And the worst is : THE AI !!!!! The way life wizards are casting loop Just Cause, even if they cannot sustain the upkeep. Or summoning 9 basilics to defend the fortress instead of more powerful creature...
    Fortunately, the unofficial patches improved it a lot

Ok. Yeah, I forgot about that. AI wizards loop-casting Awareness and Just Cause was really annoying.

Abecedarian Mage
    The AI could have been better. The sea was a wasted opportunity.

Arcane Candidate
    I think my one biggest pet peeve with MoM was how hard it was to work out what turn I was in. I don't want to have to jump through a lot of hoops just to find this information out. It should just be on the main screen.

Acolyte
    I like Cracks Call, just let me Raise Dead or Resurrect when it goes against me...

Arcane Candidate
    Cast and Flee - when confronting an enemy, or when confronted, fleeing should only be your first option. Not an option available until each of your units has acted.

Arcane Candidate
    The Paladins. Loved/hated that unit. The combo of first strike *and* magic immunity made it the single most OP unit in the game and an easy route to victory no matter the difficulty setting. I'm also in the dislike camp for Cracks Call, although I would tend to cast flight on my most powerful units to ensure they were protected from it. Too powerful for such a cheap spell.

i agree with what most are saying. (though i did like cracks call cuz it worked for me n not for the enemies...)
    Malleus the Magician + Fang the Draconian = OP

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast