Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hit&Run Combat

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Tactical concealment is completely different from the strategic concealment Volkervon was talking about.
    Since MoM had invisible units on the tactical map I expect WoM will too. Hiding units on the strategic map has been talked about only for Rogue type Heroes, afaik.

I strongly oppose tactical invisibility as ampoliros points out even invisible units were visible to the player in MoM and I'd like to keep it that way. They should be harder to hit absolutely but being force to play hide and seek in tactical combat is not a good idea in my opinion.

As ampoliros also pointed out some level of invisibility on the strategic map has been suggested in the Rogue discussion. I personally wouldn't mind seeing this extended to units such as bards, rangers, and monks in addition to rogues (as well as those who have been turned invisible or similar via magic). Even then though I think having them completely invisible may go too far so I would prefer there be at least some chance that adjacent enemy units spot them. (maybe a D20 spot check using the unit in the stack with the highest spot skill).

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodai View Post
    I strongly oppose tactical invisibility
    Agreed on opposition to outright invisibility. When I suggested tactical concealment, I was assuming relatively small terrain features in which units could hide, which would avoid "hide-and-seek" issues. e.g., "The unit is somewhere in these four squares of forest", not "I have no idea where he went..."

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodai View Post
    (maybe a D20 spot check using the unit in the stack with the highest spot skill).
    Definitely! Whether strategic or tactical, I also assumed that, given the mechanics' d20 basis, that any concealment would be opposed by Spot checks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12