Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High Men CA -> Spearman

High Men CA -> Spearman

spearman_proper.jpg

So here it is - first High Men sketch.

Hi, I like this sketch very much, except I would have gone for a more normal helm, without the little ears. Good work!

The ears make him look elven, but other than that, it's awesome!

Oh, and you need to get an Admin to change your title to Developer or something. Otherwise, it looks like some random n00b is posting fan art.

i agree that the sketch is very good except for the helmet: looks like a cat ! Some "normal" helmet in viking style would fit more - and no, no horns since the vikings never had horns on their helms, it´s a myth !

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGonzo View Post
    i agree that the sketch is very good except for the helmet: looks like a cat ! Some "normal" helmet in viking style would fit more - and no, no horns since the vikings never had horns on their helms, it´s a myth !
    These are high men, not barbarian men. Think Gondor, not Rohan.

I love it! And I do like the helmet. What worries me is that the markers are maybe too small to be seen from a far away perspective.
    “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.”

George Bernard Shaw

spearman_proper.jpg

By popular demand

About the markers - we'll have to figure this out when we actually see stuff in-game. Now I'm just winging it. For example we may want to make the piece of cloth on the spear bigger etc.

very nice !

I like the revision a lot!
    Maybe it's because I've been looking at a lot of Warhammer art lately and they have super exaggerated ones but I'd like to see the shoulder plates a tad bit bigger. Not the the insane level ow Warhammer art but a tiny bit bigger then they are here. Or course on seeing it I may decide it looks better as is anyway so it's no big deal. It looks great as is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast