Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: High Men CA -> Cleric

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcin3D View Post
    Actually it would be quite lot of work to do. Firstly females usually have different physiques than male. I mean hips, waist, the whole silhouette, not only chest + face and hair. So it means some modelling, and then painting textures. What is more it means twice as much animation as animation for man are completely different than ones for female. I don't say it's impossible, I just think it would be really hard on that stage of development to add so much work.
    On the other hand it could be interesting to have male and female units randomly generated in one squad.
    I was expecting the differences to be chest + face and hair because those were the only differences between the male and female clerics. Most of the other differences you mentioned are too subtle for the majority of players to notice anyway. People won't pay as much attention to their units in a strategy game as, say, RPG characters.

Also, +1 for Cirno9destiny's knight suggestion.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by War Troll View Post
    I find that very hard to believe. If I played a FIFA game I wouldn't expect half the players to be female, and I doubt it would improve sales that much to be worth the bother (It would probably kill sales. I mean, like, Julius Caesar levels of dead).
    FIFA is a series based off of simulating real life Football/Soccer teams. Worlds of Magic is a game where you throw fireballs at zombies fifty miles away. Why, exactly, did you choose FIFA to make a comparison? I have, in fact, done my research on this subject before posting. Women heavily favor equal representation in games. How many people did you ask again? Besides, Aaron will probably make female units optional if they are implemented, because he makes EVERYTHING anyone dislikes optional.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    People notice when units look wrong. Your brain is very good at watching people, and if you just slap breasts on a male figure and take off it's beard, it will not look right.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless Rain View Post
    It's really sexist when all the units are men, and it also really breaks the immersion for me.
    I agree that there should be female representation in WoM, from picking a wizard at the beginning, to some units being made entirely from female units. I don't like the idea of a unit randomly being created with some female units/all female.

I know this is a magic game and thus the realism tends to fly out the window, but seeing females in the swordsman/spearmen/cavalry/bowman and like combat roles would break the immersion for me.

With that being said, I do like the idea of some units being all female, or possibly having both male/female representation. Settler being a key one here, it makes sense. Roles that generally don't rely on physical strength also make sense. maybe the cleric unit for high men is female, and the sorceress unit for high elves is female.

I'm trying to avoid saying something like all healers are girls or something because I don't think they should be, but if you are going to put in female units, I don't think they should be in the front line combat units.

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Quote Originally Posted by Endless Rain View Post
    I have, in fact, done my research on this subject before posting. Women heavily favor equal representation in games. How many people did you ask again? Besides, Aaron will probably make female units optional if they are implemented, because he makes EVERYTHING anyone dislikes optional.
    Then you'll have no problem providing a source that having equal amounts of female units will 'Greatly improve sales among female gamers'.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirno9destiny View Post
    Y'know, all this talk of gendery stuff has reminded me of another fun topic. What skin colour are the high men going to be?

(also can't you just... idk, make a bunch of units in heavy plate armour that show no skin or body shape and claim them to be a multi-gendered group of knights that were handselected for the task due to thier skill with a blade or something like that?)
    Really? What about gay, lesbian, and transgender people then. If we're going to turn this game into a politically correct all-inclusive love fest then why leave them out? Maybe we can have a random chance of carrying rainbow flags or having pink triangles on their uniforms or some other LGBT symbols so we can show they are represented. I'm sure modifying the models in such a way will be easy and greatly improve sales among LGBT gamers.

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar
    This thread has gotten too off topic. Please post about female units at the new thread, not this thread. Link to new thread here:http://forum.wastelands-interactive....orlds-of-Magic
    Last edited by Endless Rain; 05-31-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Indeed...
    I do like the cleric design btw. Either gender look good in it.

Arcane Candidate
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirno9destiny View Post
    Personally I don't see the big deal about the high men faction being heavy/all on male units................. insectoids who I assume a concept such a gender won't really matter because weird bug people.'
    Insectoids I would imagine would be all male 'drones' except the Leader being a Queen. Matriarchal hegemony.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    People notice when units look wrong. Your brain is very good at watching people, and if you just slap breasts on a male figure and take off it's beard, it will not look right.
    Leave the beard on....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234