Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Men CA -> Pikeman

High Men CA -> Pikeman

pikeman_proper.jpg

Fresh from the oven!

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I love the imperfect pole.
    That helmet is wild. I like the way it looks, but how does the dude see?

Those helmets can get really crazy when it comes to the question of "how do they see"? I mean look at this: http://www.a2armory.com/images/med-h...lmet-joust.jpg

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I suppose you can see out of a pinhole if it is close enough to your eye, so asked and answered.

I like it, the weapon looks more like a Ranseur than a Pike with those side blades but artistically it's very cool looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wojciech View Post
    Those helmets can get really crazy when it comes to the question of "how do they see"? I mean look at this: http://www.a2armory.com/images/med-h...lmet-joust.jpg
    To be fair that helmet is a jousting helmet where the wearer doesn't need to have any "situational awareness". He just goes in the straight line down the run and tries to hit a shield. I don't believe helmets like that were typically worn in actual combat. Again though this is a fantasy game so who cares, it looks really cool.

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Great pic but I agree about the Pike it's not really too different from a Spear and is more akin to a Ranseur or Partisan. Similar but different tactical usages.

Although in the end you will still be trying to drive your huge, heavy pole deep into another person's body, making them gasp and grunt as fluids leak from thier bodies.

Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Sillildur View Post
    The high men are supposed to have long spears aka pikes as I understand it. Halberds are what the Dwarves are using. Unlike MoM everyone isn't using the same type of pole arm in WoM. I personally like the idea of having a variety of different ones similar to how they are using a bunch of different siege engines instead of everyone having the same catapult.

Sorcerer
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodai View Post
    The high men are supposed to have long spears aka pikes as I understand it.
    As you say, Pikes are Long spears, then IMO Pikeman is too similar to Spearman, almost the same unit. I preffer some sort of weapon similar to the swiss halberd.
    Last edited by Sillildur; 05-31-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast