Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Men CA -> Pikeman

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I like the polearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillildur View Post
    As you say, Pikes are Long spears, then IMO Pikeman is too similar to Spearman, almost the same unit. I preffer some sort of weapon similar to the swiss halberd.
    Most pole arms are essentially other weapons on a long stick. There is a big difference between a spear and a longspear/pike. Heck in D20 they have shortspear, spear, and longspear as different weapons but I personally prefer the name pike to longspear to avoid confusion. A halberd is an axe on a long stick. In fact the word haldberd is from the german halm meaning staff and barte meaning axe so translated halberd just means staff axe just a pike is a long spear. High men use spears so pikes make sense as their pole arm. Dwarves use axes so halberds make sense as their pole arms. If high elves come in and have pole arms I'd like to see them use glaives (similar to the japanese naginata or chinese guan dao) which are pole arms with single edged blades on a stick which is consistent with how I think of elven swords. Just my opinion of course but I personally don't want to see every faction with a pole arm using halberds like they did in MoM.

Abecedarian Mage
    RoboCop!

I like it.

I like the weapon, looks very Fantasy based.

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirno9destiny View Post
    Although in the end you will still be trying to drive your huge, heavy pole deep into another person's body, making them gasp and grunt as fluids leak from thier bodies.
    Stop spying on me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12