2 50.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Don't Care

0 0%

Thread: Female Units in Worlds of Magic

Mage of the Inner Tower Endless Rain's Avatar

Female Units in Worlds of Magic

This thread was created to finish the discussion about whether to add female units to Worlds of Magic, as the cleric thread was getting off topic. Please keep all discussion of this topic here and not in the cleric thread. Link to the previous thread here: http://forum.wastelands-interactive....eric#post55756

While I think it's a good idea to break this off the cleric discussion this forum is a graphics forum so I don't think this is the right place to have it.
    I'm not even sure it should be limited to a backers forum at all, my gut reaction would be to say it should be moved to the General Discussion forum so everyone can see and participate but I'll wait to see what Aaron or one of the actual official types has to say (I'm just a fan volunteer).

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

This poll is very misleading.
    I think everyone wants there to be female heroes, champions, and wizards. I also think most people, if not everyone, would like to see some units be all female. Voting "No" on this sounds like you'd be against all that. The issue is should there be a female version of EVERY unit (where the unit type has sexes) not should there be female units at all.

Is there a way to change the poll name, or do I have to create a new thread to fix the poll name? Is "Should there be a male and female version of every humanoid unit" a good enough name? Thank you for pointing out my mistake.

I don't think there is. You might as well make a ew poll in the public sector of the forum anyway.

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    As there is unlikely to be a unit editor as there is in the Elemental games where you can create your own units I don't think it would really be a constructive use of time to create female versions of units (and it sure as hell isn't a half-day doddle as some are making it out to be). One or two female units maximum for the High Men faction with perhaps the Dark Elves maintaining the matriarchy theme of D&D would be my preference. The problem with gender equality in games is that everything ends up being the same. A unit of (for examples sake) Healers or Archers could be female, but that should be a something that gives them a uniqueness that rather than just a 'huh'.

I really don't want the forced gender equality in WoM either that was so prevalent in the cringe-worthy HoMM6. I mean, there's even a female support unit that criticals by levitating above ground and firing light magic from her boobs. I'm not even kidding. It's like when men go out on the town dressed as school-girls; they always try to look as slutty as possible as though that's the only interpretation there is. It's even more pronounced in the fantasy genre it's either sexy witch-elves, thigh-booted Succubi or light-boobing nuns. I suspect this is more to do with the male-orientated world of game development, but it's been like that since I stated gaming in 92'.

I have posted the new thread with the updated poll here:http://forum.wastelands-interactive....orlds-of-Magic Could you lock this thread please, Asmodai.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless Rain View Post
    I have posted the new thread with the updated poll here:http://forum.wastelands-interactive....orlds-of-Magic Could you lock this thread please, Asmodai.
    Would you mind if I just deleted it as I don't think it's appropriate to this particular forum. As it's your thread if you prefer not to have it deleted I'll just lock it as you suggest.

I would wait a little while before deleting so War Troll has a chance to repost his post in the new thread before it's deleted, but once he is done you can delete the thread.