Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Men 3D -> Spearman

High Men 3D -> Spearman

Hello there everyone!

From today I'm gonna be the one to show you some WIP 3D arts from Worlds of Magic. Right now I am working on Spearman unit. Below I attach two first shots of the high poly model of this unit.

To those who have no clue about making character models for games a word of explanation. This is not an in-game 3d model. This is the "heavy" version of it which now has to be remodelled into a low poly version which is "lightest" and suitable for a game engine.

3D model based on concept art by Wojciech: Spearman CA

Hope you enjoy it!

WIP_Spearman.jpg
    Last edited by Marcin3D; 05-27-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Neophyte Sorcerer
    I really like the concept art.

What kind of armor is this guy wearing? Leather or Plate? Plate would be probably a bit too much for low-tier unit.

According to the concept art he's wearing only leather armor.

I certainly like the way it's coming along

Looking, very nice !.

Beautiful.
    Just out of curiosity though, I'm not a 3D artist at all so I'm wondering how these things work.
    Do you have to model each soldier type (within a race) separately or do you make like a generic "human" model and then have separate models for weapons, armor, etc. that you swap to make the different human units?

Thanks guys!

@Asmodai: Usually you can use the same base model of body for multiple characters. You can prepare your own base for body or generate it with some software which let you make human body based on given parameters and then sculpt some details on it, like face details or muscles. Although, in models like here, where you have fully armored/clothed characters, body is not really so important as it is covered and can't be seen by the player. And for each unit there it is necessary to create new pieces of clothes and armor so it takes the most time here.

Mage of the Lesser Tower devoncop's Avatar
    Very very impressive stuff......... Drooling in anticipation for my Undead guys
    "There are only two things that are infinite:the universe and the stupidity of people....... and I am not sure about the universe" Albert Einstein

And here we have some shots of low-poly model (the one which can be put into game).

@Edit: Pure white elements (doublet, material hanging from belt, ribbon on spear) are swappable so they can take the color of hero leading the army.

spearman_spec_unity.jpg
    Last edited by Marcin3D; 05-31-2013 at 10:11 PM.

I like it but I'd prefer the helmet color to match the breastplate/shoulder pads. The face looks really good for a low poly model though the spear head looks a little to large (particularly wide) for my taste. Overall though it looks great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast