Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Resurgence

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    -1 to exp loss!!!
    I have NEVER been a fan of any attack/spell which does permanent ability or exp damage. In games that threw such monsters at me I re-loaded over and over until I found the right combination of strategy and luck to avoid any such loss.
    It's just a frustrating concept.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    EXP Loss is horrid and would mainly make me either not use the spell or only use it on things without EXP bars.

Well, that idea seems to have gotten it's toes blown off pretty quick, lol.

OK guys, sorry I keep picking these things up and putting them down, but there's a lot going on.

Our current vision of "resurrection" works something like this: A unit dies on the battlefield. It's body isn't kept there, it just disappears after a little animation. (Keeping up with a bunch of dead bodies can be a real pain.) So, when you cast a "raise dead" spell of whatever kind you're presented with a list of dead units you can raise. When you cast the spell you get to place them on the battlefield within a certain range (much like summons will work). The particular spell and "mana slider" will determine how much health they have.

Now, with all that in mind where do we want to put Resurgence tier-wise and how much health do we like for min/max?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Tier 3 with higher cost
    or
    Tier 4 with average cost

As far as health, I like the flat 70% in the OP

We'll try it at tier 3 with 50% and have the slider take it up too 100%. Let's see how that goes in play testing
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123