Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Men 3D -> Cleric

High Men 3D -> Cleric

Anyone need some healing? High poly model, and some basic colors as a bonus.

hp.jpghp_color.jpg

So now we have someone to support us in fight!

lp_fin.jpg

Good work

My personal preference would be a full metal mace and metal shield but it looks good. A helmet would be nice too.
    I really like the design of the red parts... do they change color depending on your faction color?

@Aaron: Thanks!

@Asmodai:About red parts it's exactly as you wrote, look below for a sample And maybe we can think about some randomness in clerics' headgear, but I'm not sure if it's ok with this unit's style. In concept arts he doesn't have any armor, so maybe it should not have any helmet then. But we can discuss it.

cleric_colors.jpg
    Last edited by Marcin3D; 06-28-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    How 'fighty' are Clerics going to be? I think a shield makes them a bit too warriorish and a helmet would more so. If they are healers I would have thought a short Crozier for healing and mace for bashing undead skulls would be a more characteristic combo. If they are more combat-focused then it's fine IMO. I really like the clothing/Robe design.

Well in the concept art thread I brought up the same thing and Aaron said:

"That's actually a good point about the mace. I keep looking at these images merely from an "art" point of view. I get sucked in by the fact that I like how they look and forget to mention technical details.

Yes, the clerics need a mace and shield. They are combat priests, not lay healers."

Unfortunately the thread degenerated into a male/female model for every unit debate so I stopped following it. Maybe he decided otherwise later?

If not however I assume that means Clerics are indeed "fighty" as they are in D20. As such I would assume they have decent armor under the robes (doesn't require the art to change one bit, I like the robes over the armor a lot) but a helmet would certainly fit, though it's not required. My preference would be metal mace and shield with helmet but it's just that... a personal preference. No big deal.

Mage of the Inner Tower War Troll's Avatar
    62 Troll Drive, Troll Town, Plane of Myrror
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodai View Post
    Well in the concept art thread I brought up the same thing and Aaron said:

"That's actually a good point about the mace. I keep looking at these images merely from an "art" point of view. I get sucked in by the fact that I like how they look and forget to mention technical details.

Yes, the clerics need a mace and shield. They are combat priests, not lay healers."

Unfortunately the thread degenerated into a male/female model for every unit debate so I stopped following it. Maybe he decided otherwise later?

If not however I assume that means Clerics are indeed "fighty" as they are in D20. As such I would assume they have decent armor under the robes (doesn't require the art to change one bit, I like the robes over the armor a lot) but a helmet would certainly fit, though it's not required. My preference would be metal mace and shield with helmet but it's just that... a personal preference. No big deal.
    Ah okay I was just concerned that if they were garbed with warrior's kit there would be little to connotate their support role as healers.

Quote Originally Posted by War Troll View Post
    Ah okay I was just concerned that if they were garbed with warrior's kit there would be little to connotate their support role as healers.
    I assume warriors won't have big white robes so that should make it easy to tell. They could hang a tome from the belt or stylize the mace more to look more like the colored wing iconography.

Kind of like this: (note just the book and the mace... ignore the giant freaking sword and the high tech armor)

(That's Asmodai btw )

I prefer full metal weapons too. These are high men after all. If we do a more barbaric race of men, then wooden implements would be more appropriate IMHO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast