Thread: Dehydrate

Dehydrate

Dehydrate
    Circles: Water, Destruction
    Description: A 3x3 tile area is attacked by a heavy damage spell(lifeless units are immune, fort for half).

Simple water destruction spell. Clean, simple, easy to understand and implement.

Anything to add anyone?

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    Chance to automatically destroy water elementals?

If you can give units Healing Potions or such, maybe a chance to 'Dehydrate' the potion?

How about only doing half of the damage to creatures of the same element instead of doing increased damage as Happerry suggests ?

Yea, I think half damage would be better just because Water magic is the source of the power. Water Elementals would be more susceptible to dehydration, but not if that dehydration is caused by Water magic.

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I was thinking less 'same element' and more 'this spell destroys water, water elementals are made out of water.. wait, isn't that disintegrate when cast on water elementals?'

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Happerry View Post
    I was thinking less 'same element' and more 'this spell destroys water, water elementals are made out of water.. wait, isn't that disintegrate when cast on water elementals?'
    +1
    I think it makes more sense for Dehydrate to destroy all water, no matter the source.

I see both sides. Let me think about it

Caster of the Inner Tower
    What about some lasting effects, like slower movements, or attack penalty ? Not all damage spells should have that, but "just" damage spells are also a bit boring if there are too many of them.

Also, if there is some water combat (not sure what's planned for water combat), it could have different effects on them ?