Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unseen Servants

Unseen Servants

Unseen Servants
    Circles: Air, Mentalism
    Description: Thousands of unseen servants appear in all of the cities of the wizard, making life easier for the common man. Unrest decreases and all production increases slightly.

This is a clever little spell. I think it could be a low level “super spell”, lol. It effects your entire empire and I think the effects should be based on population, not on number of cities. As always, we'll have to work out the balance in research, casting, and maintenance costs.

Thoughts?

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    I'm always up for anything that increases production.
    But, knowing human history around the subject of the supernatural I think this spell would increase unrest, not decrease it.

ampoliros, what's your pitch for the increase in unrest? In my mind it's like the progression of technology. It's magic working for the people just like technology might.

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    Supernatural things have always given people the heebie jeebies. Particularly the unseen. We don't have to follow human history for everything, obviously.

In a society where magic is taboo (or just not considered real), I agree that the unseen would freak people out. But if it's commonplace for your leaders to wield the powers of the arcane for your empire's benefit, I think magic would be a commonplace enough occurrence that invisible helpers wouldn't be particularly jarring.

Yea, we have more of a "magic is everywhere" thing going on here

I've come back to this at last. Do we have a tier suggestion? We need to decide just what kind of bonuses it offers with regard to unrest and production as well. (I think we're getting close on a real take on unrest, so we'll have more details to work with soon.)
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I've come back to this at last. Do we have a tier suggestion? We need to decide just what kind of bonuses it offers with regard to unrest and production as well. (I think we're getting close on a real take on unrest, so we'll have more details to work with soon.)
    Tier 4 or 5 works for me.
    My RPG Design and Theory Blog: http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com/

I'll put it in tier 5 for the moment. We can work out what the exact bonus is after we have more economic information put together.
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast