Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battle Luck

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    I'd suggesting it doubles the crit chance for friendly units. After all, crits are lucky...

I think we should leave this one "luck" based. We can have other more controllable spells as well, but I think random works well here.

Crits are kindof rare for most units. I'm afraid it would make the effect too limited.

Caster of the Inner Tower
    I like the idea of double roll, there are enough other possible spells to get +X bonus. But question : will the caster know which units got selected to be lucky that round ?

I think they should. It will be easy enough to display.

OK, this one is a little wild. The actual effect of the "luck" may change a bit, but the basic idea will be as it's presented here: Tentative Spells

Do we have any suggestions for tier on this one?
    Everybody needs friends! Aaron's Facebook Page

Archmage of the Inner Ring ampoliros's Avatar
    If there are as many misses as happen in the Alpha Battleboard, then this spell needs to be tier 5 or 6. If units hit as often as in MoM, then tier 2.

LOL. We will need to tweak the numbers a bit to cut down on misses. Not everyone is going to like that, but we need to keep battle "moving along".

Archmage of the Central Tower Happerry's Avatar
    What happens if you only have one or two units? Does the extra luck attach itself to one of them, or is it just not as effective?

That's a good question as well. The more I think about this one the more I feel uncertain about it. I'm afraid it needs a re-pitch.

How would we like the idea of it being a single unit buff. If they miss an attack they get a re-roll. The effect could last for a number of rounds. (I've got to consider the difficulty of this from a technical point of view. Right now we're just deciding whether or not we like the idea.)

Caster of the Inner Tower
    What about, every battle round, your first N failed rolls (attak or saving throws) are re-rolled ? Simplified version of the initial spell.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast